A Whiskey Recommendation

My bro in law is into bourbon. I’m looking forward to my next trip, whenever that might be.

1 Like

:man_shrugging: only the finest :man_teacher:

2 Likes

be-bai!

1 Like

Nothing like some good old Glemmoragie 10 year. I hate the coloring on this glass, but it’s only one of two proper scotch glasses I own. Really directs everything toward your nose to get a nice sniff of the gold in the glass.

3 Likes

Glenmorangie used to give nice whisky glasses with a similar shape as promos.

2 Likes

I have one! Friend bought a bottle in Hualien and he gave me the glass. It even had a cover that could be rested on the rim of the glass but it was cracked.

1 Like

Also every year after CNY, all the leftover whisky gift sets with glasses go on sale. Often a bottle plus two glasses ends up being cheaper than the same bottle on its own.

2 Likes

Tried this last month. Excellent

3 Likes

I got this at Costco for a bit over 900nt on Friday. Enough bite to keep me from drinking it too fast, but goes down easy. Great value.

5 Likes

The biggest disappointment I’ve had recently. I grew up having Chivas with a bit of coke or club soda with my grandpa and his military friends. I always have a bottle of Chivas in my bar because it reminds me of those times, but this… this is not Chivas!

1 Like

So what is it?

Japanese whisky with a Chivas label!

I don’t get it. Is it fake whiskey in the bottle or original chivas, bottled in Japan?

It’s called Chivas Regal Mizunara and was originally release for the Japanese market.

Ah got it. People seem to love it though …

1 Like

I also have good memories related to Chivas. It was the first scotch I started drinking. I was in Korea in my twenties and Chivas was the high-class scotch at the time since it was the drink of Park Chung-Hee (the former dictator of South Korea). We used to get a bottle of Chivas and have it with our Korean barbecue by asking the restaurant owners if it would be okay to drink our own booze. Lots of good memories.

1 Like

…then it doesn’t really matter what the whisky is, might as well use the cheapest supermarket brand

2 Likes

it matters!

3 Likes

No big write up or analysis. I just really enjoyed this head to head comparison. The Glemmoragie 14 year came out on top but no big surprise. It’s one of my favorites now. The JW Green is still a damn fine whisky, though.

I did this during the power outage.

2 Likes

They have this at Costco. I’m curious but hesitate because of your review and also because I try to avoid anything with added grain whisky.

1 Like