Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Why have I never seen these before? They’re suddenly swarming my apartment, coming in through the tiny gaps at the top/bottom of the window net. Must’ve killed over a hundred now. Am I just living in a bad neighborhood?

What are flying termites called in mandarin?

1 Like

They’re just mayflies.
They’ll be around until the first week in June or so (usually the same week as CompuTex), when they go REALLY crazy for one night (way worse than now) and then they’re gone until next year.

They don’t hurt anything, cowboy up.

3 Likes

Wait till it rains and they Lose.Their. Minds and are everywhere.

1 Like

https://www.orkin.com/termites/life-cycle/flying-termites that don’t hurt?

Yeah wait for the first big rain. :slight_smile:

Those aren’t mayflies. That photo is of termites in the alate stage of life. Just turn all your lights out and keep the windows closed.

images - 2020-05-07T200855.586

These things are legion, here in Indonesia. Some people here used to (maybe still do) make a kind of fried fritter with them.

Thazza Mayfly :point_down:

images - 2020-05-07T200441.989

6 Likes

Termites eat wood.

They must be pretty fuckin hungry.

1 Like

We just always call them that because they come in May.

1 Like

I just figured out why the wife calls me “2:36 Man” :flushed:

1 Like

Horny not Hungry.

2 Likes

If you leave a bucket of water outside or even inside they’ll politely drown themselves and not bother you.

5 Likes

Reckon this would work with some politicians?

4 Likes

You can set up a bucket trap for pesky little rodents as well. They crawl up the plank, eat the nuts, see the nuts on the grass in the bucket, jump in, and there’s no grass, just Styrofoam…blub blub blub

1 Like

大飛蟻

2 Likes

FLYING TERMITES (GAMU-GAMO) are a sign that your house or somewhere nearby are TERMITE (ANAY) infested? And NO, these are not FLYING ANTS.

Flying termites are visible when their colony SWARMS. Swarms are provoked by heavy rainfall and warm, temperatures among other triggers. Swarms occur when established colonies produce winged male and female termites in order to reproduce. After these mating flights, fertilized termites shed their wings and go on to establish new colonies. Termites seen flying in a home are indicative of a mature colony. That’s not a good sign.

Put a basin with half-full of water.

1 Like

That means we are all going to die as they eat our concrete houses from under us?

oh no…watch out…it’s the Gamu-Gamo!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

2 Likes

They will last for dew days or more. Just secure your windows before dusk or before switching on lights. They’re attracted to that.

Bullshit. As the Rocket says, and as every Taiwan veteran knows, these guys turn up literally once a year and then are gone, poof, like Kaiser Soze. I have no idea what they are I only know they come and they’re gone.

2 Likes

Well two or three times at most…but otherwise I’m with ya on this. I’m been seeing them for twenty years so it’s bit late to be warning some of us on here. :grin:
I do remember getting freaked out like the silly guy the first time though!

They are. They have their own season. Rainy days are coming.