Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

I’ve had them in the house in the hundreds. No biggie. They fly around and then they drop dead and you sweep them up.

Much nastier is the millipede infestation I had a few years ago. Those guys bite.

3 Likes

These guys?

Beware the Murder Termites

1 Like

Christ. I got bit on the neck and face by one of those. Hurt like hell.

1 Like

I’d burn down the house if I found one of those.

8 Likes

I’ve seen several crawling around in pairs. Guess that’s the king/queen combo. Icky.

I saw that huge red millipede eating a big cockroach once. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Post of the week :rofl:

Did you just assume their genders? 2020 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Those are centipedes! Millipedes are harmless.

The stupid flying bugs are Formosan termites. Nice good rain we had last night! Out of the ground they come

2 Likes

If instead if water the bucket contains whiskey and prostitutes (a big big bucket) it may work better.

3 Likes

BTW this thread’s title represents me much today.

Prostitutes and Mazola

1 Like

Mazola!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t know if I should be ashamed for it but I never heard of Mazola, and I hope I never tried it either because it looks more or less like how it sounds…

After a brief flight, alates shed their wings. Females immediately search for nesting sites, with males following closely behind.

Once established, Formosan termites have never been eradicated from an area.

giphy-downsized-large

4 Likes

@mad_masala is googling “Mazola party”…

1 Like

Oh boy… why wasn’t I born in the 60’s in some corn flooded redneck state?

Sooo…do these things eat wood (or paper, or clothes, or anything I’d care about them destroying) once they get inside an apartment, or not?

My building itself is constructed from only the finest third-grade concrete, in keeping with the elegance and beauty of contemporary Taiwanese architectural style, but it would be nice to know whether these things are going to eat my bed and wardrobe…

Can termites spread Covid?