Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Mazola!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t know if I should be ashamed for it but I never heard of Mazola, and I hope I never tried it either because it looks more or less like how it sounds…

After a brief flight, alates shed their wings. Females immediately search for nesting sites, with males following closely behind.

Once established, Formosan termites have never been eradicated from an area.

giphy-downsized-large

4 Likes

@mad_masala is googling “Mazola party”…

1 Like

Oh boy… why wasn’t I born in the 60’s in some corn flooded redneck state?

Sooo…do these things eat wood (or paper, or clothes, or anything I’d care about them destroying) once they get inside an apartment, or not?

My building itself is constructed from only the finest third-grade concrete, in keeping with the elegance and beauty of contemporary Taiwanese architectural style, but it would be nice to know whether these things are going to eat my bed and wardrobe…

Can termites spread Covid?

Nah, not the Taiwanese ones, just foreign ones.

It’s always been established that COVID-CCP ignores Taiwan, just like everyone else so as to not hurt the feelings of the Chinese people.

Flying Termites Are Not Death From Above. … Swarming is a natural occurrence that happens when a subterranean termite colony grows to a “mature” size. Seeing these massive flying termite swarms can be quite terrifying to some people, when in reality the swarmers do not cause any structural damage.

1 Like

This is a queen who recently got laid.

Thicc

Queens live up to 15 years. Produce 2000 eggs per day.

6 Likes

Those are flying ants.

millipedes dont bite, the centipedes DO and are poisonous in taiwan

No, but it’s a sign of things to come. Seeing a pair of them trying to find a place to lay eggs is scary.

1 Like

I’ve fallen and I can’t get u… Whoa! Nevermind, nothing to see in this here bucket :yum:

Wait…I thought you were. :thinking:

My first year in Taiwan I made the mistake of leaving my window open without screen and the lights on after a rainstorm. Walked into the apartment to find thousands of them flying around. Was grossed out so went to the hardware store and bought insect gas poison, set it off and left for a few hours.

The gross part was collecting the thousands of dead termite bodies everywhere when I got back

2 Likes

Nah, they start with the door frames. Opening and closing doors become real fun.

But they die within hours anyway…

2 Likes

She’s gonna have hella stretch marks.

1 Like