Aboriginal songs

This looks like a great program.
I wish it had English captioning.

The Indigenous areas of Pingtung are amazing. :heart_eyes:

@chilifries Do you know who is that white guy sitting in on keyboards in that video?

Guy

No, but he’s a pretty lucky white guy :+1:t3:

I love 家家! She has a lovely voice and sings in English and Japanese as well.

One of my favorite albums is her joint recordings with 昊恩 on the record called Blue in Love. It’s primarily jazzy with a bit of aboriginal music thrown in. The slow pace and simple words in these tunes means that even I can attempt them at KTV!

Not really my style of music, but it’s good to see she made it. From the songs at that gig at 鐵花村 in Taidong, it’s obvious she has a great voice, but I thought her body type and age would prevent her from getting much fame.

As for KTV, why sings songs like this when you have Sinatra’s “My Way” and other great tunes?! :laughing:

Never heard Bunun’s Pislai sang this way before. Pretty awesome. I thought the first part is a song worshiping the muskets before a hunt. I guess that’s why it feels brand new coming from a children’s choir.

Are they still a thing?

Recently saw the kids in taidong singing choir. It was nothing like that but still very cool.

The kids in Taidong are probably from a Paiwan choir? I think these indigenous children’s choir thing started to gain traction from the Kulaljuc elementary school’s Paiwan choir 15 years ago? It’s great to see there are Bunun choirs doing equally amazing job of spreading their culture.

Quite big now.

That’s good to hear. I thought the bass player left.

Filipino musician visiting Taiwan

Rukai influencer Arase’s first album.

Something I ran across recently. In the Amis language.

Wow, the lyrics is beautiful.

o soni no fali.
o soni no tapelik.
o soni no tamokis.
o soni no pakariyal.

Don’t know how tamokis can mean the sound of waves hitting the shores. Paka-riyal meaning sound of the waves is easier to understand.

1 Like

That Chalaw guy (is that his name?) is pretty cool. He used to play with guys from South America (?, check out the first son in this thread), and now with this guy from Madagascar. Very cool.

Love him, and I think he really outdone himself with this new song. I can listen to it on repeat forever.

This is a documentary of how Chalaw and Kilema made this collab album.

Cool. I’ll watch it soon.