Aboriginal songs

Another one of Chalaw’s songs. It’s about his grandpa trying to teach him to count in Pangcah, but kept getting interrupted when they counted to 5.

Cecay tosa tolo sepat sakalima (that last one is in the counting system, like fifth).

I have that cd. It’s been a while since I listened to it, though.

So good. Heard this over the Harvest Festival (豐年祭) and immediately loved it. Finally found it on YouTube.

聚會歌 · Osay Hongay

醉了沒
詞曲:sakinu pavavaljung

工作那麼累 下班以後沒消遣
想要來點特別

喝酒不會醉 妹妹不在我身邊
好想再來一杯

喝完一杯再一杯喝完再乾杯
喝了不會醉醉了不想睡不要再靠杯
看到那個那個妹 那麼那麼美
這美眉似曾相識的背影熟悉的感覺
她是誰

Ho hi yang hi yang x2

好的 我到底 醉了 沒有 是否 還是 醒著
高梁 啤酒 一滴都不留 我醉了

Found this channel making Pinuyumayan music videos

My favorite is this musical map of the surroundings of Pinuyumayan villages

Another awesome song celebrating victorious return

This song is about raising the chair or elders to show respect

父親的話 · 圖騰樂團

作詞:Suming
作曲:Suming

aka tawalen, hitatanamen safalocoen konga’ayay
a dmak a ma’min, sakalatamdaw no miso koni
不要忘記 專心學習所有美好的事情 要把他放在心上 這將是你成就為人的道理
satomeloen, aka ka toka sainanengen a matayal i pikolian iso,
maolah ko tamdaw tisowanan
要勇於面對 不能懶惰 工作崗位上認真做好自己的工作
如此儘管在陌生的的環境裡周圍的人也都會喜歡你
aka tawalen ko sidait no ina iso 母親的慈愛不能忘記
*o a i yan ho hai yan he ya o ho ho hay yan
halatengen ko paini no matoasay a tamdaw 長輩的訓勉都要記在心裡
(*阿美族運用在歌唱中的襯語)

That’s the song that introduced me to Suming.

Who could imagine that it’s now 20 years old?

Guy

Can’t imagine this is now 11 years old. Lyrics in Paiwan.

I think Amei used this melody in a song, but used naruwan as the lyrics.

Hmm… I think I jogged my memory enough, I now remember it’s from a Power Station song.

Both singers are Paiwan, so it makes sense.

Masalu

Also Paiwan.

Happy Indigenous Peoples’ Day. 8/1 原住民族日.

1 Like

Paiwan nose flute master Giljigiljav Paqaljius. The singer in the Masalu video, Paljaljim Veregelan, made a nose flute album with Giljigiljav.

Paiwan Ladies, Surinang Muakai and Ljemingau Vais. The first song is in Pangcah though.

This is how they introduced themselves @11:15

Djavadjavai, a mapuljat. Ti aken ti Muakai lja Surinang.
Ti aken ti Vais lja Ljemingau.

That’s what I heard. Slightly different word order than what I read before.

It’s a song about Kolas Mahengheng, who founded the village of Falangaw (馬蘭), who was known as a great mediator.

He also worked with the Japanese, the Seqalu tribal alliance, and the Pinuyumayan in 1896 to defeat Pro-Qing forces at the Battle of Tian-kong-hue, and put an end to their goal of setting up a base on the east coast to resist the Japanese.

I’ve heard another song of theirs. Not this one. Nice.

The album that was sampled for Return to Innocence. Recorded in 1988

I hope I didn’t share this one already. Aboriginal artist but sung in Mandarin. Headed to Hualien this weekend and I’ve always liked this tune during summer months.

有點不想回台北
I’m thinking I don’t want to go back to Taipei

幻想退休養老要在花蓮
I’m fantasizing about retiring in Hualien

買一塊農地養雞種田
I’ll buy a farm and go raise some chickens

I think they won a gold medal. :1st_place_medal: