Acer showroom?

Does Acer have a showroom/flagship store in Taipei? I found several service centers, but I’m looking for something like a flagship store or whatever where I can have a look at some of their laptops. The selection at Tk3c and Sunfar is always very limited.

Syntrend has one. It’s not huge. I haven’t seen a huge one before, they have a huge asus store though. I just got a asus and love it.

1 Like

I’m debating between Asus and Acer for an editing laptop, with HP in third place (a bit lagging behind for value). I’ve seen many reviews but I really need to have a look at the screens before pulling the plug.

On Syntrend’s website I’ve seen they have Asus on the 1st floor and Acer on the second one, so I’ll definitely visit them after Computex. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yup Syntrend, though I got the feeling that it’s very much geared towards their gaming laptops.

Check second floor of Syntrend next to Guang Hwa Digital Plaza.

That ASUS store on the ground floor? I was just there yesterday and it’s been converted to ASUS Republic of Gamers (LAN) store with (more) free to play ROG laptops. A bit kind of like the Razer store a floor above it.

Asus has a showroom on the 2nd floor.

I got the asus zenbook pro. It’s their top of the line laptop and it’s amazing. Beats anything I saw from acer.

Gaming laptops are a nightmare for me -__-

“Oh look at this…nice CPU, enough ram, good ssd, a good IPS display…aaaaaaaand it has an ubersized graphic card that I don’t need and weights a ton”.

Talking specs, I want either i7 8550 or i5 8250, 16gb of ram and 512gb ssd, monitor between 13" and 14" IPS with as much sRGB coverage as possible. One of the Acer Swift 5 models ticks all the boxes at 90%+ sRGB and sub 1kg, but I’d like to see it in person.
Also, Asus has presented a lot of new models at Computex, so I’m hoping that their current range might see a few offers in the comings weeks/months, but I need to buy a laptop by the end of July.

I’ve seen that one listed either on Sunfar or Tk3c, it’s an amazing laptop. I don’t need the graphic card though, so by going for a ultrabook with no dedicated gpu i can save some money and weight.

Yeah, I always say I’m going to game on my laptops but I always prefer the console.

I do love its power and for once the laptop doesn’t burn up and make crazy loud fan noises. I had that issue with my acer. Whenever I push the laptop. Super annoying in like a office or when I was a student at the library and my laptop starts making crazy loud noises when it’s quiet.

I also struggle with 13-14in screen. I can’t do anything under 15.

I also tend to prefer larger screens, but there’s a huge gap in size/weight between 13/14" models and 15.6".
It’s possible to find 14" ultrabooks under 1kg, but as soon as the size moves to 15,6" the market fragment changes, so you start to see a dedicated gpu, a secondary hdd etc etc.
I’m starting to run out of space on my backpack with all the camera gear, so size is a major constraint.

Update from Computex:

Acer, Msi and others only had gam8ng stuff on display. Sad.

Asus had EVERYTHING, they out-alphaed everyone. Their new Zenbook Pro line is spectacular, especially the 15".
I’m keeping my eyes on a model with Ryzen 2700u and sRGB 100% display that seems to be priced in the 35/40k range depending on specs and should be available in Taiwan from this m9nth.

Did you see the new zenbook pro ux580? It looks crazy with 2 screen on the track pad, I’m going to be so pissed if it’s the same price as my zenbook pro 550 and I didn’t wait a few months for it. It has a crazy i9 professor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5wGGp88nBs

It’s insane, the monitor on that model is as good as my 27" photo editing screen, plus it has the tiny touchpad monitor that can be used to play a video or do whatever while you work. It’s bonkers, and blazing fast. The Asus guy told me it will be available in Taiwan from December, prices from 60k to 70k plus, so too late for me, but it’s absolutely gorgeous.

Not impressed by the screens on the Flipbook series.

The smaller 13" sub 1kg models where fairly interesting as well, though.I didn’t love their monitor as much. The new Pro with double screen and the one with Ryzen had the best displays.

Lol still cheaper than a Mac book pro. My asus kills the Mac book on every spec at 3/4 the price.

I was looking for the same.
Acer reps in Taiwan told me 8gb RAM was as high as they go with a ready to purchase machine. They told me you cant increase the RAM in a swift. That was a deal breaker for me.

I opted for the HP Spectre x360. An amazing machine. I almost got the Asis Zenbook Pro, but I have had major problems with Asus in the past.

The new Spectre is a bit out of budget for me…

Over the course of decades I’ve had several Asus and Acer products and never had issues with them, so I’m not too worried about that. Finding a balance between all the stuff I need and a decent price is proving to be a bit tricky.

In particular it’s the price-weight-performance ratio of doom that is screwing me over, I can only pick two.
If I want to focus on a light model I have many options available under 35k but they tend to lack some firepower.
If I’m willing to hover in the 2kg range there are many more options, like the Aus Pro 15 with the new i7 8750h and many models from HP, Msi, Acer etc etc, but as well as the weight even the size grows a bit. They’re still lightweight compared to my near 5kg Alienware m17x, though.

So: either the U line of intel CPUs, which means extreme portability at the cost of performance (still much improved over the 7th generation U line), or the i7 8750H cpu which easily outperforms my desktop for photoediting but comes with higher weight and size.

The H cpu would basically turn the laptop in a desktop replacement for me and would postpone my planned desktop upgrade, but it’s still a good 2/2.5kg extra in a bag that already has 5 to 6kg of camera gear.

I find acer to be lighter but they use mostly plastic while asus computers are a bit more sturdy. My acer was cracking and I travel often with it so it was just a mess after 3 years.

Here is a pretty sweet deal.

Lenovo IdeaPad 720s (their top of the line)
It has great reviews.

15.6 full keyboard
FHD IPS screen (300nit brightness…thats really good)
i5 7300 HQ
256GB SSD PCie up to1TB if you install later
Nvidia GeForce 1050ti
8GB DDR4 up to 36GB if you install later
All metal build
1.9KG
79w battery

https://24h.m.pchome.com.tw/prod/DHBF21-A9008M7OM

Acer has a large showroom on the first floor of Acer building in Hsichih. However, is not a sales office…just mainly for browsing around…