Adjectives to Describe Taiwanese Driving

Today as I am riding on my scooter still stubbornly clinging on to the last vestiges of my good traffic habits, such as signalling before making a turn, looking over my shoulder for oncoming traffic before joing a road, showing courtesy and consideration to other drivers/riders and pedestrians…I was thinking about adjectives to describe the general driving and traffic conditions in Taiwan (and no doubt countless other thirld world countries). Both one or two-word combinations allowed:

1. Rude
    2.Inconsiderate
  2. Criminally-insane
  3. Careless
  4. Dangerous
  5. Death-defying
  6. Idiotic
  7. Chaotic
  8. Stressful
  9. Wild

I am sure there are at least another 200 adjectives left. So please feel free.

Foreigner Unfriendly.

Sublime. No, wait. Ridiculous. That’s the one I was after.

Asinine. Unforgivably bad.

I forgot an important one. Selfish!

-------------ignorant-----------

Anger-inducing
I found that I was always in a terrible mood when I arrived at work. Now I take the train.
xenophobia-provoking
Any intense experience forms a deep impression. Every time I have a near-death experience here, I have to remind myself that Taiwanese people cannot be defined by their driving habits.
I have a friend who was seriously injured in a traffic accident here, and this person’s impressions of Taiwan have been negative ever since. Really a shame.

Delusional.

Bloodcurdling
Stupid
Scary
Nonsensical
Foolish
Absurd
Primitive
Third-worldly
Confusing
Deadly
Incomprehensible
Exhausting
Unbelievable
Unrelenting-madness

Lawless
Death-Defying
Fun!

Surreal
Dumb
Annoying
Irritating
Combative
Time-wasting
Soul-destroying
Sad
Sick
Nausea-inducing
Zoo-like
Feverish
Immature
Energy-sapping
Demoralizing
Silly

fucked up

wait i think MM beat me to that :slight_smile:

homicidal
suicidal
narcissistic

Demented
Disharmonious
Disturbing
Deadly
Daft
Dire
Dickheadish
Risky
Repulsive
Regrettable
Retarded
Pathetic
Infuriating
Impolite
Monstrous
Terrifying
Bizarre
Unpredictable
Thuggish
Haphazard
Horrendous

I’ve only been driving here for 2 months. I quite like it. After passing my Taiwanese test I was pretty nervous about hitting the roads (despite 20 years driving experience back home), but it’s been a really easy ride since then.

Although I can’t argue with the ones suggested, what comes to my own brain cell first to describe Taiwan driving is pretty filled with expletives. If I was describing driving in China it would be like that with everything multiplied to the power of infinity.

Risible.

After years of driving in Taiwan, I now find it much easier than driving in the West. It has its own style, but it’s a learnable thing.

Are you implying that Taiwan is a third world country? :ponder:

Are you implying that Taiwan is a third world country? :ponder:[/quote]

Yes that’s exactly what I am implying.