Afternoon Bars, Drinks, Early Happy Hour

I’m still looking for places for an occasional daytime chillaxin drink in Taipei.

Other than 7-Eleven and Family Mart.

Since we can’t leave Taiwan and go to some exotic beach somewhere wood be nice to have an escape in Taipei

Beer Rush opens at 1530. Hit Cat has a basement patio in Breeze Fuxing by movie theatre ticket booth. They open at 1400. Of course this is all beer

3 Likes

Let’s imagine we are on vacation today in some exotic Southeast Asian country.

And we want to go have a drink and chat and listen to music and do vacation like things even if just for a few hours.

Where to do that in Taipei? Nowhere.

Where to do that in Taiwan? Nowhere.

2 Likes

It’s not what exactly what you’re looking for, but if you ever feel the need to get slightly pickled while stuffing your face, the all-you-can eat huo guo shop just outside ZhiShan MRT has serve-yourself Taiwan beer on tap. They’re open more-or-less 24hrs, IIRC.

On the plus side hell even 7-Elevens are starting to serve beer on tap.

:no_no:

Go to Sanzhi. It’s quiet and they’re open all day.

On the down side it’s usually Buckskin.

3 Likes

I swear I know where to go in the afternoon in Thailand Philippines Malaysia Singapore Tokyo but Taiwan not it sucks.

This place needs to be more fun.

All work and no play. Oh and standing in long lines at some shity food cart at the Night Market.

1 Like
1 Like

If you’re down south the Cijin beach bar opens at noon everyday. Not sure how busy it gets though.

4 Likes

The Cijin Sunset Bar in Kaohsiung fits that bill. Close to the city, right on the beach and a real different vibe.

In Taipei, try the Zhangmen Tap Bistro on the 4th floor of Breeze Song Gao. Great evening outdoor space. 台北市信義區松高路16號4樓 Opens at 4 pm.

Also in Taipei, the 2J Cafe. A coffee shop and restaurant, not a bar but they sell beer and have a green, outdoor patio to hang out. Next to Da’an Park

2 Likes

1 Like

Can’t find it

There’s not one place that checks all the marks, but I’ll be damned if you can name other cities where you can buy a beer at a convenient store, walk across the street to the park, crack it open and watch the old people do their tai chi in the middle of the day.

There’s so much going on on the riverside parks too. Just because you haven’t found it or no one here has shared it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Buy a bike or rent a Ubike and explore a bit. Your perfect spot may be around the corner from a place you often visit.

4 Likes

Tavern D the Rum Bar is open during the day - I’ve enjoyed a mojito with a Cubano there in the afternoon. However, I also enjoy a beer and a meal in Gordon Biersch in the afternoons - I like quiet. If you’re looking for a lively environment in the afternoon, I doubt you’re going to find anything like that.

And if you’re in Tainan, check out 3 Giants Brewery and Forward Fry
All outdoors in the middle of town, next to a popular food street. Solid selection of craft beer. A lively spot to hang out in the afternoon. Can’t speak to the food. I think it opens around 3 pm.

1 Like

There is always the Three Lions at Yuanshan Maji Square.

2 Likes

100NTD a drink. Not bad. I was there yesterday and paid 200NT for a double gin and tonic.

2 Likes

Just saying lol. change of scenery would be nice. at Maji, I have seen one spot with just westerners lol - not that they were a lot. just a handful