Afternoon Bars, Drinks, Early Happy Hour

sometimes, you just wanna run into local gals you know by chance without doing the whole online dating thing. majority of the time it will be a strikeout bar might be empty but then they’re days you can score big. :man_shrugging:t5:

Bump

Anyone got anything any new leads for rainy afternoon day drink in February?

Central Taipei easy to reach without an umbrella.

Seems like the 7-Eleven Buckskin beer-on-tap bars are only in new Taipei not Taipei itself

I was wondering the same thing, and earlier today was looking at Tavern D in Google Maps. Now opening at 5pm, damn it.

The various ABV places open around noon. I’ve only been to the Caribbean one and found it … dark. And not exactly welcoming.

Sorry, I’m back to suggesting Gordon Biersch. Their branch near Zhongshan MRT Station at least has daylight. What little of it there is at the moment.

FuMu 父母 opens at 10 am. Good breakfast and lunch menu, a full bar and a comfortable atmosphere.

The Learn Bar on XinYi Rd opens at 3 pm. An ever changing wide selection of local brews.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m confused by their website: so they serve brunch with a couple of mixed drink options until 2, just coffee or a couple of mixed drinks until 5pm, and as of 5pm beer and a different dinner menu is available? Do I have that right?

I will try, to try, one or both of these today, thank you for that. (where do the commas go in this terrible sentence if at all?)

I happen to be in the areas.

Oh Hooters is nearby I guess also open.

But one, get one.

I wish Hooters had a proper bar

This place is also a co-working space.

I’m liking the vibe enough here at The Learn to offer to buy anyone a drink that arrive before 1645 and yell “where’s the free beer” when walk in the door.

3 Likes

Offer extended until 5:30 p.m.

1 Like

Boy that’s an inconvenient pairing of sentences.

One free anything they have beer on me before 7 p.m.

If I remember correctly, they serve drinks including beer with brunch as well.

1 Like

I was in the mood for a mid afternoon Belgian beer last Saturday afternoon. Went to Cafe Bastille in Gong Guan. I was informed by the waitress that if I wanted to drink beer, I had to buy food. I checked the menu, microwaved meals, 200 N.T. $ upwards. I ended up going to Public 23 just around the corner for some happy hour ales.

5 Likes

The Learn Bar has some nice beers on tap and bottle.

2 Likes

Learn Bar 學吧精釀

Nice relaxing vibe between Da-an Park and Yang Kang Jia near red line MRT exit.

2 Likes

@tango42 I love how persistent you have been since 2019. I will be in Taipei for a few months and aways looking for day time cap and a tan, we might as well link up my guy. I quit my job so literally always free :joy:

2 Likes

Hooters? Adlon (Carnegie’s)?

Look for the most handsome man in the bar.

I’ll be the one of the guys two or three seats away from him.

23 Public | Craft Beer 精釀吧

Opens at 1230pm most days.

2 Likes

The park. taiwans socially accepted open carry policy. Cant beat it!

2 Likes

Can anyone please suggest a good place to have a couple of drinks within ten mins walk of Le Blanc, either pre-post dinner? I’m not familiar with that neighborhood.

I like this place…

Sorry, I thought it was a bit closer to Le Blanc…it’s about a 15 min walk.

1 Like