Air con remote no longer works

The remote for my air conditioner no longer works. New batteries, still nothing. The brand: National.

Where can I get the remote repaired or replaced?

You can probably find one on PC Home for a few hundred NT.

shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=stor … _NO=DPAF0H

There are a few universal ones there.

Chris, a lot of dongxi shops have universal remotes. As mentioned, they are just a few hundred NT. Maybe even just 200.

Do the universal remotes automatically work with any brand? Or do I have to get one that has codes for specific brands?

They are like the TV remotes, most of them will work with most modern brands. In fact you can get one that will work for your TV and your AC. Isn’t that convenient. We got all new ones for our ACs. They will search for the signal, but the instructions are in Chinese so I had trouble figuring it out. But finally got it.

Most have a list of codes on the box. For example, you might input 88 for National, or something like that. How you input it is another matter, but it usually involves holding down some sort of setup button for a few seconds, and then SET once you’ve input the code. Another way is to go through all the possibilities one at a time until your AC switches off, then press SET to lock your remote to that code. They are usually very easy to set up.

But again, it depends on which one you get. Make sure you don’t throw out the instructions!

I got a new remote, and it works! Easy instructions: reset, then code 001, then reset, et voila!

Thanks for your advice, guys!

[quote=“Chris”]I got a new remote, and it works! Easy instructions: reset, then code 001, then reset, et voila!

Thanks for your advice, guys![/quote]

Cool!