Air conditioner servicing

does the dust still appear if you keep it off for a day or two?

Get a good condensate removal pump and you won`t need to get it serviced as often.

1 Like

We’ve never had it off, but I’ll give it a try!

Where do you live?

Do you want to clean your air-con

Our Panasonic AC units are only 3 years old. We clean the filters whenever the cleaning light goes on. I looked inside and was horrified to see the fan blades as well as the entire interior of the units covered in moist black gunk. Some of it can be wiped out, but the rest would require taking the wall units apart.

Kids have been getting chest coughs and sinus problems monthly and I think this may be why.

Are there professional AC cleaners who will come to your house and thoroughly clean each wall unit and the outside main unit?

This would be for New Taipei City, Sanxia area.

https://www.hohoho.com.tw/

1 Like

I got these services arranged in one of these home improvement stores, hola in neihu. Former B&Q. They get a company to do it.

@Nik1 Thanks a lot for the link, that seems very useful as well

That brown gunk looks disgusting…

1 Like

I recommend to call Panasonic directly, their service line, and get their own technicians to deal with it. Now that it is mild weather, you can even send the whole unit in if necessary. If it just requires cleaning, they can do it in your home.

1 Like

Since school is delayed until next week and I’m just sitting around doing nothing. I pulled the trigger and paid for professional AC cleaning. That way I can watch and learn.

Boy am I glad I did! I am shocked at the amount of mold inside as well as dust and gunk. Pink and black mold all over the inner drum and blades.

$5000 to take apart and deep clean / sanitize 3 inside units and the 2 main outside units.

The ACs were all new 3 years ago. From now on this cleaning will be an annual thing.

2 Likes

Hello do you want to clean your air-con?
I can clean your air-con with reasonable price

We already finished cleaning ours. But thanks!

1 Like

Your welcome

Can you DM me your details. Will probably need your services in a few weeks.

Sure madam …do you have line ID

What are you guys’ experiences with professional air condition cleaning?

How do they usually clean our mold? Steam cleaning?
How much have you paid for it?
What company did you hire?

Background:
We asked a cleaning company guy in who proceeded to clean the removable filters and wipe the reachable areas with a rug and a cleaning solution. I had to point out to him that a lot was still black from mold after he was done. Since he didn’t bring any professional tools with him (apart from cleaning solutions and a screw driver) I had to hand him a used tooth brush to clean the inner black areas. He did as asked but it still looks like a bad job to me.
As for the outside unit…he opened it up and used the provided brush superficially.
Cost was 3500, which seems like a rip off for what any non-professional could have done. Did I have too high expectations?

No, your expectations are reasonable. You just hired someone who wasn’t capable of meeting them.

1 Like

Sounds like a big rip off, you can buy does small ac home cleaning kit and do a better job yourself.

We had a professional here about a year ago because the AC sounded like a 747, he did bring a special plastic protecting bag that goes around the inside unit and a water vacuum. He also cleaned the outside unit. When he was done the AC was working like new. He charged similar prices as your guy.

1 Like

Jesus for 3500 I’d expect them to come in with a water jet and leave with it looking new (something like this: https://youtu.be/DswSrqOHXsw ) – I’d say you got majorly ripped off.

Looks worse than my own attempt to clean our AC unit with water, bleach, and a toothbrush (which didn’t work very well to be honest – still smells moldy). Guess I’ll just have to live with it if that’s what a “professional” service brings…

1 Like