Air pollution levels in Taiwan - grim reading

sorry mate but the source known as ‘gains stats’ is something i can’t take seriously anymore after your many many offenses.

1 Like

Bad allergies today…urggh

Does running an air purifier in the house with windows ajar actually improve things do you think? Or is this some sort of electronic placebo?

I think they can help to remove fine particles , but leaving a window open may compromise the efficacy ? I have mine running all the time but on low power.

Yeah I suppose I really need to actually quantify the fine particles in my place to know how that compromise pans out. Other than using the BS ppm readouts on these purifiers which I think we established on this thread are pretty rough.

1 Like

154 air quality reading in Taipei today. Thats the worst I have ever seen in Taipei.

Oh shut the f up. It’s an app everyone’s using. :roll_eyes:

Big dump from China.

https://youtu.be/4aNLsYKNEJE

I think this was last week !

I wrote a bot that will pull data on air quality in my area 3x a day and alert us in our family group in Line messenger if AQI is over 100.

It is usually pretty quiet, but last week was constant alerts.

1570494675556 1570494701473 1570494888903

1 Like

The air in northern Taiwan is pretty foul today. Everyone should stay indoors with the windows shut.

Holy smoke, 157 on my little app here. Thanks.

China’s fault.

Which is in turn our fault, for buying all their cheap stuff.

Is china fault but not entirely, last weekend I went out and all the farmer where burning

1 Like

Today is ENTIRELY China’s fault.

sure, Taiwan doesn’t pollute the environment, we are super green

No it’s not.
There that was easy as I look at the cars and scooters streaming by and the dude burning his ghost money on the sidewalk.

Holy shit, today the air in Taipei is almost as bad as a regular day in Taichung.

5 Likes

Truth. Thanks for putting that in perspective! #blessed to live where it’s only sometimes horrendously polluted :neutral_face:

1 Like