Air pollution levels in Taiwan - grim reading

What a load of crap.

Correct it is a load of crap floating around us. :grin:

Sky looks quite beautiful in Taichung today and nice temperature. Air quality not so great.

20191030_141101

Screenshot_20191030-141951_Air%20Quality

That’s how Taichung gets you. Never too hot, never too cold, not a lot of rain…then you basically start breathing air with the same quality of a race car exhaust, but by the time you notice it it’s too late.

1 Like

China has eased their PM 2.5 target (cuz economy bad) so brace yourself for some of that stuff to be blown over to us

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-04/beijing-braces-for-smoggy-winter-as-china-prioritizes-growth

Nice today

4 Likes

was going on in there? bad reading? a fire?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Was pretty nasty pollution in Taipei area today.

Incoming…

1 Like

It’s so bad I have to turn the light on. Too damn dark with this smog!

*hugs air purifier*

Cant really complain as I am not in Taiwan presently (going in January) but Sydney is getting air pollution from ongoing bush fires. Today is it a bit smokey!

Top was yesterday, below was this morning! (for the Aussies out there! :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Advanced sensors i.e. my nose , detects incoming brown noxious bomb from China.

Really bad allergies today? Me too

1 Like

Two stations recorded so high pollution levels. Can’t be error?

Some nearby pollution source probably. Burning ghost money maybe. For the South one, 890, the nearest temple is a kilometer away (Fengtian temple - 奉天宮) and it matches the wind direction (about E to ENE at this moment).

2 Likes

Gorgeous blue sky in Danshui when I got up this morning, with a suspicious line of brown-gray further out over the ocean. And now that haze has enveloped us, AQI of 88 or so.

Oh well. At least it’s suddenly warm again. Should have washed a blanket this morning.

Well hell check out here in Changua Monday night. Maybe pumped up the exhaust when the wind is strong from the east going towards China and no one’s looking.

come on.

I just hit this wave of polluted dirty air. Guess I won’t be riding the bike today.

It’s most likely from the power plants . They may be burning the rice stalks as well.