Air purifiers, a wise investment?

WHERE?

I need this! :grin:

I bought it on PC Home. You can try to order at Xiaomi.com but its periodically sold out.

Is it this one? I think I’ll buy it and check it out. The website lists the replacement filters for only 495$ which is a super good deal imo.

1 Like

Interesting video. I have a little anonymous 50NT fern in my living room, but I sure would like to get my hands on a boston fern. Or a Chinese evergreen, assuming that might be easier to get on this side of the earth.

This is why we need a gardening thread on this forum!

1 Like

Thats the one. I compared the size of their filter vs leading brands, this one is bigger and has a 2 stage Hepa. Most other filters similar to this cost 2000-3000 to replace. Ive had my Xiaomi Air Purifier for 2 years run it 24/7 still works great. Also since its a Smart filter theres an APP that reads the air particles and you can adjust the setting or turn on/off even if you’re not home.

1 Like

I have 2 snake plants, an english Ivy and 2 aloe veras, along with an air filter the air in my home is continually clean

1 Like

What’s a snake plant/English ivy called in Chinese?

You sold me.

I dont know what its called in Chinese but Snake Plant is everywhere in Taiwan, in office buildings, in the mountains, I bought it as the Neihu Flower market by Costco. I bought English Ivy there also. I think any Ivy purifies air btw. I like Snake plants because they require very little sunlight, and you only need to water once a month.
Heres what they look like.

3 Likes

This is a better video than the other one. NASA study lists best houseplants to clean air from dust, chemicals, CO2. Very cheap and effective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oVw9CNRQ8U

I also bought one of these dust rollers for the bed, you’d be surprised how much dust lands on your bed each day. My house is as dust free as a place can be. You can buy these at any of those cheap home stores or Carrefour

HTB1dDMpGXXXXXbAXpXXq6xXFXXX8

3 Likes

Please note certain ferns and other common house plants can be poisionous to pets.

I’m aware. No pets to worry about, though :pensive:

虎尾兰 (Hǔwěi lán, “tiger tail”), an office classic.

3 Likes

Also known as “mother-in-law’s tongue” in parts of the US.

4 Likes

Also in Spanish…For its numbing qualities, and being so sharp, too.

1 Like

I can’t find this… I can only see a 4500 and 700 dollar one ;_;

What can’t you find?

NASA recommends …Eh no it feckin doesn’t…
Do.you see them using houseplants to clean the air on the space station ?
Also what’s with the robot voice.

What’s your evidence for this claim, a horseshit internet video ?