Air quality in Taichung

Fine the last month? My school wouldn’t let kids outside for recess several days because the air quality was so bad. You clearly don’t live in Taichung. There was a solid week that was worse than I’ve seen in my 17 years here.

2 Likes

not maybe as scientific, but another opinion.

There are good days and terrible days, and the AQI may even show improvements (on paper). The reality ( for me) is that it remains a problem .

So it does look a bit better right before the elections and then it goes to shit again. @Gain what sensors where you monitoring? xD

I want to see the INDIVIDUAL sensor data not some smoothed out crap across all of Taichung.
We want to see the peaks and the troughs too.

They are the same one. The different numbers are from different times. One is 9am the other is 10am.

I am aware of the several really bad days in the beginning of November but that was it. Other than that week, can you remember any other time when it was bad?

Idk why you keep being so stubborn. If the average has improved so much, what makes you think the individuals would be worse?

If you go on some website I’m sure you can find the data of individual sensor stations over the years.

He’s full of bullshit.

And I’ve never said that it wasn’t a problem. I’ve only said that it has improved.

I’m not sure how the politicians could do it without causing power shortages. Having said that, I wouldn’t put it past them. I remember when Ken Livingstone deliberately screwed the traffic lights so the congestion charge would look like a success. He was such a cynical little runt.

• Be misinformed on Taichung air quality
  • google study/news showing my point of view about air quality in Taichung and latch onto it
  • smugly smile to myself while posting the article/clips to forumosa.com
  • Laugh at all the other posters as I’ve clearly defeated all points of opposition with this single article I found by googling [study showing my opinion]

I wish you were infact right about the air quality in Taichung @Gain. Do you want the air to be clean so badly that you’re telling yourself lies and then believing them? I sometimes lie to myself and pretend that air is actually getting better to keep myself from going down some depression spiral. Sometimes it’s better to live with the lie…

2 Likes

Taichung power station will reduce operations when the PM2.5 goes above a certain amount for a certain number of days.

I can absolutely see somehody in govt ordering them to reduce operations in Taichung around election time if they can get the power from elsewhere temporarily…

1 Like

I’m not telling myself lies. Did you even bother to read what I’ve posted? Those were all from objective, hard statistics, while YOURS were all personal anecdotes and some stupid bullshit blog articles. “I feel”, “I see” and all that crap. I have eyes too and I have lived in Taichung and still visit very frequently.

I don’t have time for this. I’m done.

TBH what my friend told be could be coincidence as she said, or there could have been a politician telling a couple of key people to keep things under control for a couple of days. Or it could be both things.

Everybody should read this.

But the thing is that apparently everybody living in Taichung seems to agree, they have the same “I feel” and “I see” crap things to say.

1 Like

It’s quite likely they reduced operations, they are supposed to routinely do it when PM2.5 reaches 70ppm in Taichung. Air pollution was a major issue in the Taichung mayoral elections .

@gain, listen. Listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdbGRNkep5U

Wowowowow, I’m just joking around gain.:sunglasses:

Yes, I know your sources are objective and HARD, but my anecdotal and personal experience says otherwise. (I didn’t link and blogs tho)

There really is no point in bickering back and forth as your not living and Taichung anymore and can’t see how things actually are firsthand through anecdotal and personal experience. LOL

2 Likes

It’s no use … Gain has left the room … will never post on this thread again …shame , I see the point , I breathe in the reality though

1 Like

I think this thread is a good example of political fanaticism and crazy guitar solos.

1 Like

That is simply not possible as it wasn’t like it was awful for months thens suddenly got better the few days before. It was mostly FINE, with a few bad days here and there.

Basically a couple of bad days are enough to make one think that it’s always like that. Go on that blog posted here. That guy was saying that “you can rarely see blue skies nowdays in Taichung”, which is utter bullshit.

And just because 3 people say it’s been getting worse doesn’t mean they have more credibility. I can find a bunch of people arguing otherwise as well.

I stopped living there until 3 months ago, not 30 years ago.

Gain, I thought you said you were “done”. But you’re still posting. What’s the point of all of this now (this thread)? You have your views and others have theirs and nobody is going to be convinced by the opposite arguments.

Gain, did you ever exit your house when you were there ?
Maybe you were too busy with your hobby ?