✈ Airlines | China Airlines

China Airlines 中華航空 will fly 2 times a week, photo in link looks like Southern Taiwan

3 Likes

You know what this means? Tour groups will take off in July too. :happyrunningaround:

Yep, this new route will reportedly launch on July 18. Nice equipment (the A350) with flight times that look good to me (leaving TPE at 11:20 pm, arriving at PRG at 7:30 am; return flight leaving PRG at 11:05 am, arriving back at TPE at 5:35 am). More details here:

Guy

4 Likes

Cool another place I can fly to that costs double what it did three years ago.

China Airlines is one of the worst offenders for keeping prices artificially high post-pandemic while many other airlines have gone back to normal. On top of that they’ve just drastically increased the amount of airmiles you need to upgrade your flights as well, in addition to fleecing you for economy tickets too.

Did you read the Focus Taiwan article? There are some promotional fares for the Prague flight!

Guy

I find they to be the lower price compared to EVA/Japan Air from Lithuania/Estonia back to Taiwan. My preference is to fly to Kaoshuing (KHH) from Europe which make me choose Cathay Pacific which is 2,000$ higher but the added bullet train cost and time make me choose CX more.

Yeah - “as low as NT$27,160 before taxes”, their super duper special offer that’s around NT$5000 more than an average off-peak return trip to London used to cost three years ago.

News flash: it’s not 2019 any more! We’re in a new world now, as you have noticed.

Guy

That price is good for that area and for summer. Before COVID prices were $50,000+ for summer (summer is quite bit higher, than say next week when I will fly to England for $12,000 one way)

2 Likes

News flash, you can fly comparable distances for less than half the price in 2023. London to LA is an 11 hour flight for around NT$13,000 return. Flights from UK to Bangkok, New York and other places in Asia are much cheaper with other carriers too.

1 Like

Well then take those flights. No one is forcing you to go from Taipei to Prague. :roll_eyes:

Guy

That is great price from LAX to London! What airline is that? I paid much more, though it was middle class (Just below time allowance for business) seats.

P.S. China Air has very nice business class seats on the AB-350’s

1 Like

KLM, Air France and British Airways are all around a similar price at the moment. Between 13 - 14000 NT return

Take flights where? And who said I wanted to go to Prague?

1 Like

ok I will check, maybe for personal travel. For work I want business class if I can get it, or if not not able do that prefer the airline that gets the best membership benefits for long flights.

1 Like

Just one little problem about Prague - TAXIS - avoid them like the Plague!!

Are they scam artists, like some of the bad ones in Taitung?

Or are there other concerns we should be aware of?

Guy

Scams, long way route, blatant overcharging (meter no worky!!), though it is said to have improved in recent years. Just don’t hail one off the street.

1 Like

The other ‘problem’ with Prague is that it is too popular, thick with people in Summer, and also being a non-Euro country, cheaper prices for booze etc - and also a popular place for English Stag Parties.

1 Like

P.S. China Airlines, you make it sound like Air China.