✈ Airlines | China Airlines

OK now I am with @miamidice and definitely avoiding this place! :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

And that’s a pity, it’s a lovely city, beatiful and rich of history. But yeah, the drunk oiois are not a nice feature😂

1 Like

Anyone have China Airline’s gold or emerald membership card? It looks like it has great perks, but the English description of how to get one on their website is completely unintelligible to me.

Can anyone shed any lights on the requirements?

Any specific thing about it confusing you? probably the weighted trips?
https://www.china-airlines.com/cn/en/member/members-exclusive/member-news/20190315
https://www.china-airlines.com/it/en/member/members-exclusive/member-news/20161017

Thanks that helps, but I’m also confused about the other qualifications for upgrade - do you need to meet all of them or some of them? You only need to meet one of them for renewal (flight miles or flights in business class) but it doesn’t say that for the initial upgrade.

I read it as you need the following to qualify, within 12 months :

• 6 weighted trips on ci / mandarin
    then 1 of the following:
  • 30k qualifying miles
  • 10 eligible flights in business
  • 20 total weighted trips

renewals read the same way, with the other qual numbers (6/40k/18/36/2 years).

1 Like

Already a lot of tour groups, flew back from EU, flight was full of tour groups.

1 Like

Yep, so happy! Affordable travel again!

Also, lots of ads for tours on the MRT. Turkey, Eastern Europe, Antarctica…

1 Like

Eastern Europe is nice! Antarctia is not for me! (Did not know they fly there)

First fly to Buenos Aires or Punta Arenas, then continue on a special icebreaker cruise. My beloved Takeshi did it.

Same with Artic cruises. You fly to Canada or Alaska, then take the boat. You get to ride the dog sleds instead of watching penguins.

1 Like

They will get more BOEING jets

That story is from August 2022, so not really news now. Little surprise here as these 787s will replace their old A330s.

What I find remarkable with CI is the popularity of their A350s. I have not experienced riding on those planes but I have friends who rave about it.

Guy

1 Like

I have flown on Cathay Pacific A350, nice in Business Class ok in second class. I flown also on FinAir A350’s nice than Cathy Pacific, in general nicer than EVA Air 777’s. The German airline A350 had smaller seats, so thought it was just ok. The aeroplane in story does not look like 787. They went out and bought more 787’s yesterday.

1 Like

Airbus really seems to have hit a home run with the A350s. They have turned out to be a popular replacement for aging 777s, which were great airplanes when they were rolled out, and have become less great after greedy airlines (basically everyone except JAL) starting adding an extra seat in every row in economy, making it quite miserable for those of us in the back of the plane!

Guy

2 Likes

It’s also not a CI plane—it seems to be China Eastern. :joy:

Guy

1 Like

Yahoo got the wrong airline, CI is even more EAST haha.

A story with no thinking, just thrown together.

CI is not the same as MU!

Guy

Change their name to their home base, Taipei Airlines then no more mix ups, and name China should be ok with??

“Chinese Taipei Taoyuan Province of China Airlines”? :thinking:

They had better buy big planes to fit all those words on the livery.

Guy

1 Like

[Is China Airlines set to become Taiwan Airlines? - Executive Traveller]

or

2 Likes