✈ Airlines | EVA Air

Good for amex plat holder I guess, need to justify that 36k+ fee.

If I can’t access the lounge, I just won’t go to the airport early anymore. The only time a lounge is actually needed is for transfers but I tend to fly directly.

Yeah there’s an oversupply.

EVA AIR revises Inflight Use of Power Banks Policy - EVA Air | North America (English)

Odd that they’ve apparently allowed them up until now.

China Airlines already tells customers not to use power banks on flights before leaving the gate.

Important news concerning EVA from a labour perspective.

Guy

It’s finally possible to search upgrade availability online.

Previously the only way was to call them.

Where is this?

unfortunately the change has arrived to the Amex BR platinum too, and the changes are quite vast:

  • cannot access anymore to the garden lounge on reward tickets (I and Z fares), only paid business tickets
  • it seems now that the access to lounges is class based, so if flying in Y with no status with the card can access (for free still) the underwhelming The Club lounge (which can be access when flying on BR with BR Silver status and with paid access via amex BR gold card or other Cathay United BR cards but the Supreme Infinite which is also complimentary like Amex BR Plat), if flying PY can access The Star (which can be accessed with Gold status for BR or Star Alliance Gold when flying any Star Alliance carrier). The Infinity is reserved to Business or First Class passenger only, no status nor card access. The Garden hence now reserved only to BR Diamond status holder flying BR only or Amex BR Plat/Cathay United BR Supreme Infinite flying BR in paid J fares.
  • They also don’t mention anymore access to the BKK lounge. Only TPE and KHH

This is very sad, I checked since I just got confirmed my waitlist upgrade to J on my upcoming TPEMUC flight (on BR’s sweet 787-9) and wanted to get in again. Alas, that won’t be the case. This is a huge blow tbf, but I understand that overcrowding of these lounges is a serious issue at TPE given they are very small for the capacity and not that good to begin with.

Did they give you advance notice about these drastic changes—or did they just drop?

Either way this is quite unfortunate.

Guy

Would have never found out if not checked today the website

These programs they change at a moments whom so you sign up for benefits which then get used then they claim over subscribed so ooops… lets just cancel them lol

I mean, to say how sad the BR lounges situation is at TPE. Flying on BR to HKG, but decided to try the SQ lounge (can access due to gold status).

What a breath of fresh air. Not the nicest like CX’s one, but for an airline lounge at an out-station, this is very nice. Better food, not crowded, can see outside!!! Too bad it closes at 5:45 pm (before last SQ departure), but it’s a nice place to hang out

Recently seeing how sh&tty one of the CI lounges was at TPE (their home base!!!) was an eye opener for me. Both CI and BR seem to take their home customers in Taiwan for granted . . . that was one of the reasons I jumped to CX in the early 2000s. Screw this!

Guy

Idle curiosity question: I’ve 2,000 points that expire at the end of June. I’m flying near the end of the June, so I can presumably use those points for some kind of discount at the Eva Skymall, or whatever it’s called. Anyone know how much of a discount, roughly, that’d be worth?

It won’t let me actually shop until two weeks before my flight, so I can’t yet see what the discount would be. If that value is somewhere else on the website, I haven’t been able to find it.

Follow-up: each 1,000 points is worth NT$110 in the Eva Sky Shop. Which isn’t very good, but that’s not in the least surprising.

We by not just use it for the stand by room. They got food.

You mean the lounge? I just had a look around Eva’s website, and I can’t see a way to redeem miles for that. Less likely as well because there are two of us.

Last time we just walked in and did it there. Dunno how many miles it cost tho.

Yeah miles are practically worthless unless you have a decent amount. Under 20k is basically unusable.

Here’s my accrual.