šŸ›¬ šŸ›« Airports | Taoyuan Airport (TPE) World Ranking etc

TPE is what it is.

Some positives, as I experience them: the restylized and renovated Terminal One is brilliant and beautiful, and it won some architecture award. Those sloping lines make me swoon.

While Terminal Two remains a dated and unlovely place, there is a secret corner high up before you go through securty where a lovely Starbucks and an open space awaits. When Iā€™m stuck using Terminal Two, thatā€™s my retreat.

The airport is fast and easy to get in and out of, especially after the Taoyuan MRT line was finally opened.

Some negatives, as I experience them: limited food offerings, ludicrously slow and badly designed sloping whatever-those-things-are in Terminal Two to get from the MRT level to departures, dated looking waiting areas near the boarding gates, no Louisa Coffee shops (OK maybe I am pushing it here lol).

Overall, not that bad although the experience is in my opinion definitely worse when flying out of Terminal Two (my preferred secret corner excepted). I have no problems at all with Terminal One.

Guy

1 Like

It actually has vending machines where you can buy a bottle of water for 10 NTD. 10!!! NTD!!! Next to the gate!!!

That wins my heart. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Of course you can fill up your canteen to your heartā€™s content for free but I always fill it up with hot water for tea, and buy extra water to hydrate.

I love the new designed lounges with themes - check out the foreign guyā€™s video- and Iā€™m not the only one as they are always full.

2 Likes

Do they dispense mojitos?

Alas, only for priority guests.

1 Like

Would you rather have a top airport or top hospitals? Top hospitals in my opinion.

I still give them brownie points for improving. Does anyone remember when there were like three ā€œrestaurantsā€ in the basement? Now that was horrid.

You took a cargo elevator downstairs and it opened to what was literally an extension, or rather, an intrusion, to the parking lot, where a greasy self serve, a greasy semi Cantonese and a sort of greasy breakfast place competed for very few desperate customers.

711? Starbucks? Those are improvements.

3 Likes

Neither. Give me top bank accounts.

There you go! :rofl:

Guy

If anyone is traveling today, be aware that there was a power failure at the airport and there is a monumental luggage pile up. Delays expected.

2 Likes

Both terminals affected?

EDIT: My search on the site formerly known as twitter for ā€œTPE airportā€ yielding nothing, nada, related to power troubles . . .

Guy

Itā€™s on tv news so I did not catch it. They seem to be working on it.

However, given the crowds at the airport due to the holidays extra patience is required.

1 Like

TPE is just an efficient airport, in and out fast and painlessly. Also good for duty free shopping.

BUT, terrible food option if u transiting/connecting or want a quick bite landside (basically everything closes at 6pm or opens at like 7amā€¦ Especially in T2) and lounges r shite at T2. Best lounge in TPE is CX at T1, thatā€™s actually nice, went there again 2 weeks ago on my way to KUL on MH (those mofos at check-in actually direct u to plaza premium, suck me bollocks, Iā€™m going fancy since I can).

Really hope something nicer for T3 and maybe some badly needed renovations at T2. Not even a 7-11 at arrivals there, fecking joke

1 Like

Plaza Premium in Terminal 1 is a horrible overcrowded joke. Hard pass!

Guy

1 Like

Indeed, PP in T2 is ok-ish, never too crowded in my experience, but T1 is horrible. They even stopped serving beef noodles during COVID, only redeeming feature. Now really I just go there to have a couple of cold ones, take my dump and thatā€™s it, T1 showers not even in the lounge proper!