šŸ›¬ šŸ›« Airports | Taoyuan Airport (TPE) World Ranking etc

Thatā€™s not something to brag about, if you see yourself close to the top.

No itā€™s not. What are you on about? In 2019 it was ranked 13th.

This ranking is such a farce. The fact that Paris CDG the piece of shit is ranked 6th is enough to write the whole thing off.

1 Like

How much of a difference does a good result in these kind of polls make for an airport? Are travelers choosing or avoiding airports after seeing a survey like this?

I couldnā€™t care less, not spending much time in airports. I am happy when I get to experience one.

1 Like

TPE is a decent enuf airport, although the food & drink options are abysmal, particularly once youā€™re thru security check.

2 Likes

Who wrote that post title? Taoyuan didnā€™t make dick. Weā€™ve plummeted 60 places on account of our airport is a shit hole.

1 Like

I think when transfer in a airport it can important or in city with more than one choice. I like Helsinki since its not too big, clean and nice lounges and good transfer point to the Baltics (VNO, RIX and TLL). Though more flights I found Frankfurt too big. In Paris, also like smaller Orly Airport when visiting our Taiwanese nomad worker (She loves Paris ha even with cost ha!)

2 Likes

It just states a fact, emotionlessly

Airports are just a place to leave or arrive at a country. You donā€™t stay there very long. Itā€™s not like they are tourist attractions.

All of this will be moot in 2 years anyways. Terminal 3 ftw.

I assume heā€™s talking about the usual bullshit lists often covered in the local media and posted here, along the lines of ā€œFulong ranked #1 beach in the world!ā€ and ā€œYilan 3rd best tourist destination in Asia!ā€.

As you say:

ā€¦because they always are.

Like which ones?

I think it will be more than 2 years. Maybe 3-4.

Theyā€™re posted here pretty frequently. Youā€™ve commented on some of them before. Some examples:

A lot of those are the annual update of the same lists. Most are pretty dumb yes, but so is this one.

Yes, so weā€™re in agreement. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For your perusal:

:camera_flash: Watch this video on Facebook

1 Like

Great Food at Taoyuan Airport

Hahahahahahaha

2 Likes

There is the distinct smell of faeces as you get off the plane, presumably from the huge bins in the toilets. They donā€™t flush in Bangkok either, but they donā€™t seem to have this problem. Maybe they actually installed ventilation at BKK airport?

1 Like

Did they update it for the Olympics, or is it still a shithole?

Itā€™s certainly cheap compared to most airports.

Iā€™d love it if they had somewhere that served cocktails.

They feed you to death on every flight, who on earth wants to eat before getting onboard an aeroplane? Iconā€™s video links are one stop short of ā€œGlorious news about our fellow patriotsā€™ amazing acts in Taiwan.ā€

2 Likes