AIT buys entire condo building

Why so long? It only took a little over 2 hours at CTBC :joy:

2 Likes

Can you elaborate the advantages of doing this over simply using TD AM or IBKR?

There aren’t really any. They never told me it would cost 25 USD a trade !
I subsequently opened a IBKR account.

Cool beans. Are there people in your country who can emigrate to Taiwan to help alleviate our population decline?

I was in the process of opening one today. Then I saw that you can’t trade Taiwanese stocks.

I think Brian can do that himself, for a good cause. What say?

Yes I have both a Taiwan trading account and HK/US trading account locally…

The HK and Taiwan trading account is useful.
The US account is not.

Guns, lots of guns.

And Costco/Kirkland 3-ply tissue paper, the kind in the purple packaging.

3 Likes

What account do you trade in the Taiex with?

Local securities account. Many banks operate them. Links to your bank account and apps for easier trading. But I don’t trade much on Taiex. Too many bad experiences

Well, my wife is pregnant with the second one… I’m doing my part!

7 Likes

Wow, took them a while to make it official. I remember reading about this shortly after Trump became president.

As it turns out, State Dept. employees are human beings who need places to live. Who knew?

1 Like

Only the best for US troops!

So, nothing really useful in a firefight then?

like, ten squadrons of Viper attack helicopters, 10 million .50 cal rounds, chain guns, spare motors and parts? or frikkin sharks with PAVE PAWS on their heads?

Safe bet that they’re Up To Something.

Honestly, I don’t see a problem with the CIA, sorry, the AIT buying up entire apartment buildings. It’s better than having them bought by speculators and left to stand empty.

2 Likes

Correct, in fact it looked like it had been stocked by someone whose knowledge of weaponry came solely from action films and hip hop music clips?

Can they buy that empty one near Nanjing Fuxing MRT also? It has been an empty pile of trash with broken windows and a rotting facade for at least 13 years.

Note to CIA/AIT if you are reading, I can help out with dead drops.

3 Likes

Just leave the US State Department to make Taipei look like a stylish, clean, modern city :laughing:

1 Like

I tried to find out the story behind that. The owner has filed plans to build but just seems to be sitting on it.

1 Like