al-Qaeda declare war on oil

The political debates of late have pushed the reason for the post 9-11 actions in Afghanistan and Iraq to the backburner somewhat. Leave it to that loose affiliation of brainwashed Islamo-fascists to remind us of what we’re fighting.

[quote]Orora Naoufal, a Lebanese housewife, said she cowered in her apartment with her four-year-old son for five hours after after being found by two gunmen.

They asked her where the

al queda is soft basically

they always ambush and kill innocent people

why doesnt osama bin laden challenge george bush to a debate

saddam hussien did, thats how i know he isnt al queda

bin laden hides in a mountain with a 6 foot kidney dialisys machien chained to his hip and sends sms messages with emoticons to lil kids to carry out horrors

Attacking oil facilities is not a bad strategy for wacko muslim extremists fighting a war against modernization, globalization and the west (in particular the US). It seems like an effective way to drive oil prices up, stock prices down and lead to increased global instability, and it appears to be working.

forbes.com/markets/newswire/ … 90079.html

sabcnews.com/economy/indicat … 93,00.html

quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pi … refer=home

Nice to see whose side your on MT… :astonished:

I don’t see any grounds for making such a statement. Simply because MT points out that oil prices are affected by terrorist acts does not mean that he supports their actions. Moreover, his reference to “wacko muslim extremists” implies to me that he is not on their side at all. Statements such as yours are part of the reason why the US is such a divided country at this time. Too many neo-cons wish to label anyone who points out bad news in the war on terror as unpatriotic or a terrorist sympathizer. Such a position is ridiculous and simply adds to the intense political divide our nation is currently in. C’mon, Fred, you are smarter than that. (Now, if there had been a :wink: at the end of your post, I would have laughed, but the :astonished: forced me to comment.)

Aw, don’t worry about it smerf. I assume fred was just being facetious. Anyway, here’s more on how attacking oil facilities seems like an effective way to get the US.

[quote]In Much of the U.S., Soaring Fuel Prices Are Starting to Hurt

. . . in a CBS News nationwide telephone survey in mid-May, most respondents said they had been considerably affected by high gas prices. . .

. . .Companies like United Airlines and Frontier Airlines, both with hubs here, are trying to cope with sharply higher fuel costs without increases in fares. Trucking companies have added surcharges to their freight rates, though they cover only part of the higher cost of diesel fuel, and many smaller operators are struggling to keep their doors open. . .

. . . if the price of crude oil stays at $40 a barrel for a year, Mark Zandi of Economy.com said, it would reduce the nation’s gross domestic product by 0.5 percent

I know. I just like to slam a neo-con once in a while since they are almost always so “right.” :wink:

I too declare war on oil.

Let’s use Natural Gas. cooking with gas is fun! We can also control Algeria pretty easily too.

cooking with gas

cooking with gas

cooking with gas is fun.

JB:

You are supposed to hook the gas up to the oven not sniff it for hours on end. And put down that crack pipe or there’s bound to be a big explosion and it will be blamed on US forces somehow. You don’t live near the mosque do you?

A concerned NeoCon

[quote=“fred smith”]JB:

You are supposed to hook the gas up to the oven not sniff it for hours on end. And put down that crack pipe or there’s bound to be a big explosion and it will be blamed on US forces somehow. You don’t live near the mosque do you?

A concerned NeoCon[/quote]

Dear Forlorn Stink,

the crack pipe wasn’t even funny the first time. but it sure doesn’t surprise me to see how repetitive you’ve become, even in your insults. That BOT rumour must be true.

What’s the BOT rumor? Is it wrong to tell the person involved about it? I am so eager to know more. Okay. The crack pipe joke wasn’t funny, that’s why I have been so concerned about you and this posse that you’re hanging with. Please try to get help.

Love Fred

The irony is high seeing the skyrocketing prices for oil and gasoline at the pumps since Bush’s Folly in Iraq. Hell, some pro-war analysts were saying that the Iraqi oil would pay for the adventure in a short time…
One of only two ministries protected by the “coalition” in the front end of the invasion was the oil ministry (the other was information – gotta keep tabs on all you potential terrorists).
Yes, I am aware that Iraqi oil was not intended to be pumped for the sole benefit of the US, but the irony remains.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]The irony is high seeing the skyrocketing prices for oil and gasoline at the pumps since Bush’s Folly in Iraq. Hell, some pro-war analysts were saying that the Iraqi oil would pay for the adventure in a short time…
One of only two ministries protected by the “coalition” in the front end of the invasion was the oil ministry (the other was information – gotta keep tabs on all you potential terrorists).
Yes, I am aware that Iraqi oil was not intended to be pumped for the sole benefit of the US, but the irony remains.[/quote]

Where is the irony? If the US did not invade to obtain Iraqi oil, where is the irony?

I believe that it is conventional wisdom that Iraqi oil would at the very least have been a component of paying for US activities there.
The irony comes when the US is the invading occupier of a country with very large oil reserves, but sees prices at the pumps at home at an all-time high.

Then the high oil prices should help out in that regard.

I think it would only be ironic if the US invaded and occupied in order to secure cheap oil prices. But we didn’t invade for that reason. Thus, no irony, IMO.

[quote]Iraqi oil exports have come to a halt following another attack on the country’s key southern pipeline and a separate attack has killed an Iraqi oil official in what was the third assassination of a member of the Iraqi government in a week. It is uncertain how long Iraq’s daily production of nearly two million barrels of oil will be off the market. . .

Oil trader Raymond Carbone at Paramount Options in New York had this to say. “Iraqi oil is on the verge of being negated completely. The attacks seem to be relentless in their focus to knock the oil out,” he noted.[/quote]

voanews.com/article.cfm?obje … 5FE5AA11DF

These attacks on Persian Gulf oil supply may hurt the US a little. . .

You’ll note that the 90% of US oil imports on the map are said to supply 54% of US oil needs. Apparently the rest comes from the US.

gravmag.com/oil.html#imports

but they must be devastating for Japan.

Wouldn’t these all be different grades of oil ?

Anyone living in Europe (we use oil too you know) has a sort of despairing chuckle to himself upon hearing American’s complaining about “high” oil prices. What do the Americans here think of that ? How on earth are your petrol prices so low ? How can it be anything other than encouraging people to rely on cheap oil as a way of life in order to support US oil companies and as a method of scaring the pants off people ? If everyone used diesel cars running on vegetable oil they could laugh with impunity at all this nonsense in the Middle East.

Of course Europe isn’t exactly pushing LPG or Crisp’n’Dry as an alternative to oil, but European economies depend on the tax revenue from petrol and diesel at the pump.

Are we going to see alternative forms of fuel explored by the oil companies, or is there plenty of mileage left in mineral oil ?

Why do Americans feel it’s a good idea to drive hugely fuel inefficient cars and pay bugger all for petrol ? General Motors has access to very efficient engines they make for SAAB and Vauxhall/Opel. BMW and Jaguar make some of the most efficient (bhp/litre) engines in the world - why do we still have people making V8s that produce 12bhp and do 4mpg ? Is it simply inertia ? (Have cheap petrol, don’t care about mpg)

And what’s wrong with diesel ? My mate has an Audi A4 2.5Tdi (V6) Quattro which is an absolute flying machine and does 40mpg. He has a petrol one as well which does 22mpg. You’re considered slightly mad in Europe if you drive a petrol car…

It’s in our Constitution:

[color=blue]The gov’mint shall not infringe the peoples’ right to fill up on cheap gasoline and travel great distances.[/color]

Read it for yourself. Don’t take my word for it. That’s one of the reasons we threw you Brits out in the first place. You were trying to slap some taxes on gasoline.

Now you’re just jealous that you’re getting shafted by your government and we’re not.

[quote=“spook”]It’s in our Constitution:

[color=blue]The gov’mint shall not infringe the peoples’ right to fill up on cheap gasoline and travel great distances.[/color]

Read it for yourself. Don’t take my word for it. That’s one of the reasons we threw you Brits out in the first place. You were trying to slap some taxes on gasoline.

Now you’re just jealous that you’re getting shafted by your government and we’re not.[/quote]

Pretty much. First thing I’d do on emigrating to the US is buy a big V8 Ford (or something) and tell everyone how cheap petrol is. I’d drive it around in first gear, too, just to enjoy the thrill of virtually free petrol.