Alabama passes bill banning abortion

You’re just unwilling to listen to facts now. People have known exogenous testosterone and progesterone cause temporarily infertility and potentially permanent infertility for ages. It’s a known side effect of them when doctors prescribe them. It’s not like we just started using them, testosterone in many forms and progesterone marketed as deca Durabolin have been in the martlet forever. We knew they cause infertility as a side effect. It’s not like they just found out and discovered new drugs. We’ve been using them for ages for different things.

Bodybuilders who use testosterone and deca durabolin have used the side effect of infertility to their advantage. They have been using them as contraceptives for ages. This is nothing new.

And FYI. There is a long list of testosterone and DHT derivatives. Also a long list of progesterone derivatives that also do the same thing. We’ve been messing with them for a long long time. We have hundreds of studies on them.

Saying this tell me you have zero knowledge or understanding of how testosterone and progesterone cause infertility. Either they cause your own testosterone levels to stop production so you don’t produce sperm or they don’t. There is no balance that would let you keep your own testosterone production while not producing sperm. The only way to cause infertility with this method is to stop your own testosterone production. That’s how it works.

How about you listen to someone who knows their stuff instead of saying uninformed stuff based on nothing.

And it does work. We don’t really need more trials. Problem is they can potentially cause permanent infertility.

The bodybuilding community are way ahead of the game here. Thousands of people can tell you after using exogenous testosterone, their recovery have ranged from recovered to base line testosterone production in weeks, months and years of infertility meds like HCG and clomud to recover, or completely unable to conceive and return to natural baseline levels

And it’s general accepted knowledge that the longer you stop your own testosterone production, the harder and longer it is to reverse.

Andrew: most of the stuff they use is illegal but it is not natural or safely derived hormones or chemicals.How many shots a day? What kind and quality?

People use steroids for asthma and skin conditions. Ther eis a safe limit, and safe medication.

It is not that I am not listening to your facts, I understand where you are coming from, but it is not the same proportion. It is like anto vaxxers and mercury.

This is not true. And you don’t know what you’re talking about. How many shots a day? You honestly have no idea how they work do you? Bodybuilders use the same prescription testosterone and progesterone. They are sold from the pharmacy. If not, the Raws they use are the same as the medical ones. Do you think they’re shooting up like heroin lol.

We don’t give people natural testosterone or progesterone…they are all chemically produced. Testosterone hormone is testosterone hormone. The quality issue is the purity. If you’re getting 90% purity…it’s not like the 10% is something that mess you up. It’s that 1kg of testosterone you’re getting has only 900mg of active testosterone.

Using 100mg of testosterone is using 100mg of testosterone. Doesn’t matter in what form.

Ok. You need to stop. You’re talking about cortisone steroid. They’re not the same as anabolic androgenic steroids. Are you being serious right now. Everything you’re saying is so wrong and misinformed. You literally do not know anything about what you’re saying.

No you don’t. You are not listening to the facts and making BS up. You don’t even know the difference between cortisone steroids and anabolic androgenic steroids. Please stop making things up based on complete nonsense and misinformation.

But then how do you know what kind they are using for the male trial drugs?

Question: do you feel this strongly about women contraceptives based on hormones? Hence, what options do we have?

You see how we have come back to the issue of how to safely have access to contraceptives? How abortion becomes an alternative if no other alternatives are given? And don´t say no sex because we all know that sex happens, sometimes it is not voluntary nor it should be held exclusively for reproduction. Hence, teh conumbrum we have now.

What are you saying? They are using testosterone and progesterone as they said. Please stop your complete Ignorance.
Do you think there’s like different testosterone or something? Testosterone is testosterone. I’m trying to I understand what you’re even saying right now. Because it’s not even making sense.

Because they’re different. Do women produce testosterone to produce sperm??? Please please please. You don’t know anything about the subject. Everything you’re saying is wrong.

No I don’t. All I’m seeing is you not knowing a damn thing about how hormones work and human endocrine system works while saying things that are completely false and don’t even make sense.

Can you please stop and listen. Everything you’re saying is complete nonesense lile sayinfg maybe they’ll find a balance. It doesn’t work like that. I actually know what I’m saying. You on the other hand dont even know the difference between cortisone and anabolic androgenic steroids.

So, Andrew, what options do males that want to control their reproductive capacity have?

Is this article related to the subject discussed now? And what written is accurate?

Comments are somehow interesting.

This is interesting

I’m not sure. It doesn’t tell me what they use to stop testosterone production.

dimethandrolone Is a anabolic androgenic steroid. It’s androgenic activity would actually help fat loss. It’s doesnt covert to estrogen so it doesn’t cause water gain from estrogenic activity like female contraceptives. In fact, the participants probably gained muscle…it’s a steroid that people have taken for muscle gain.

All of these work the same way. There are so many derivatives of testosterone and androgen replacements drugs. They come in to your body and your body sees them and androgens. Your body tries to stay in homeostasis and shuts down your own way of producing androgens which is the production of testosterone and DHT which also produces sperm.

There are hundreds of these same drugs. Proviron, oxythemlolone, masterone, etc. some of them even function as breast cancer medicine like proviron.

I see a couple of studies (including one here in TW) that look like they’re getting some encouraging results with it. Interesting stuff

I personally think If you’re going to go with this method. Just take testosterone. I don’t understand why they’re trying to fuck with all these derivatives of testosterone and even progesterone. You won’t have any of the sides like ED. Because you’re just replacing your own production with exogenous testosterone.

I don’t get it. All of the problems they are coming across basically is how to mimic the effects of testosterone with something else while tricking the body in thinking it’s producing too much testosterone so it’ll shut down their own production. Why wouldn’t you just replace it with the thing your body uses. Testosterone?

Once you’re over 35-40. I would just say go on Hormone replacement therapy. Everyone I know who did loves it.

Weren’t you saying it’s non-reversible?

Potentially.

But Other testosterone derivatives does the exact same thing. They all shut down your own testosterone production by negative feedback loop. Basically you put any kind of androgenic hormones into your body, your body tries to maintain homeostasis and stops your own production of androgens which is testosterone.

It’s not like your body knows the difference from a derivative of testosterone vs actual testosterone. Some might have more or less androgenic and anabolic activity. But once your body thinks you are getting enough so it should stops it’s own production, it doesn’t make a difference.

It’s not for sure you can’t recover. Some studies show some people recover after a few weeks to baseline normal range of testosterone production after. Some people take a few months, some a few years. Some need a lot of fertility treatment to help recovery like Serms which compete with estrogen receptors to help testosterone production. And some need HCG which jump starts testosterone production in testicles. It seems age and how long you shut down your own production makes a difference. The younger the easier to recover.

But there are a lot of potential problems with this method when you replace your own testosterone.

Well, there you go. They mention “reversibly” from the start here:

And here:

But they only say for a single month right? I have to think it would cause the same problem with someone taking it for a long time. If I take testosterone for 28 days at a low enough dose, it is probably reversible.

There is actually oral testosterone. It would do the exact same thing. There is also cream that you can rub on. It would do the same thing. Athletes use these two methods to cheat the test all the time. It’s in and out of you quickly enough to pass with a few hours warning.

Maybe it does work better. But I’d like to see a study that has people on testosterone in another group.

1 Like

Here’s something:

Unfortunately, the contraceptive effect of testosterone is not reliable. This has been proven in multiple studies, including two by the World Health Organization (WHO) Task Force on Methods for the Regulation of Male Fertility [14,15,25]. These two studies found an azoospermia rate of 64% to 75% in 6 months with testosterone enanthate [6,7]. A sperm concentration of 3 million/mL was used as a threshold for effective suppression of spermatogenesis in this study [14,15]. In a Chinese study of a monthly intramuscular TU injection, an azoospermia rate of 93% to 98% was achieved after 6 months with 1 million/mL as the criteria for effective suppression [25,26]. The different rates of azoospermia can be explained by the variable criteria and by ethnic differences in testosterone response [26,27]. These studies confirm the effectiveness of testosterone as a contraceptive, and provides evidence that men who desire fertility should not be prescribed TRT.
Even with this evidence, testosterone has not been approved by the USA Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use as a contraceptive. In 2011, a phase II study for a combined TU/norethisterone enanthate formulation ended prematurely because of higher than anticipated adverse effects including mood changes (such as depression), increased libido, acne and weight gain [27,28].

This is something I’ve never heard of before. Different ethnicities respond to testosterone differently? I’ve never heard of this before. I know male and female responses are different and of course each individual would be different. For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger responds to testosterone way differently than most of use would. But I never knew there is a difference in responses from ethnicity