Alaska Governor Sarah Palin - McCain's choice for VP

And the VP choice for John McCain is…

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin

added:8:45 pm. - still subject to official announcement.

C’mon! This is hysterical. This has gotta be the funniest, most bizarre choice I have seen in my lifetime…Gore/Lieberman can finally pass the crown to McCain/Palin.

There has to be a back-story to this. Has she been shacking up with John Boy at one of his 27 houses??

Actually, I am hoping one of the faithful (Chewie will do in a pinch) can explain this to me, too.

A day late a several dollars short. C’mon. 2 years government experience. McCain has plenty but . . . It’s like somebody looked around for a Republican female and chose the . . . . what? A female? Somebody with SOME experience? Cute? (mmmm?)
I started this whole episode thinking O’bami didn’t have a chance. Now, I am thinking slam dunk. What happened? Maybe it is time for a BIG BIG change. I do really think it is but like BBC reported today, I really did not think that mainstream America would vote for Obama. Not because I am any more rascist than anybody else but because of - well, I grew up in Republican farmer country. I am quickly re-evaluating. I suppose many others are also. This choice just sucks.

Perhaps he’s looking to capitalize on the ‘wimmen’ demographic that Hillary got stirred up. Or, perhaps senile dementia is slowly setting in. Then again, perhaps he’s realized that he’s the inferior candidate and is looking for an easy way to lose because, the truth is, he is outmatched.

GO! BAMA!

A vice-president that has a 4 month old baby with down syndrome…that sounds like a person that can drop everything and lead the free world…

Wow, I just don’t get it.

I guess I didn’t realize how desperate the Republicans were. Pretty desperate, it seems.

Good.

Make a snide remark if you want to, because you’ve got nothing else. You guys are apparently as comfortable with Palin as veep as some of us were with Al Gore or John Edwards… What exactly made Edwards a viable veep candidate four years ago? History as a trial lawyer? Being a senator? Please…

You’ve got nothing on this woman, nothing you can zero in on. I hope you find something, though. Good luck digging.

She’s a lifetime member of the NRA, a beauty pageant winner, and played college hoops. What’s not to like?

Maybe Palin and Obama will play 1-on-1 for the office… :slight_smile:

She has bad highlights…
:roflmao:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]She’s a lifetime member of the NRA, a beauty pageant winner, and played college hoops. What’s not to like?

Maybe Palin and Obama will play 1-on-1 for the office… :slight_smile:

She has bad highlights…
:roflmao:[/quote]

You’re such a queen some times. :laughing:

[quote] Ms. Palin then took the stage with her husband, Todd, who owns a commercial fishing business, and four of their five children. She said her eldest child, a son, is in the Army, and he is heading to Iraq on Sept. 11.

She described herself as “just your average hockey mom,” who joined the P.T.A., was elected to the City Council, then served as mayor and as governor, adding that she did not get into government to take the safe course.[/quote]Hockey mom? She must be alright.

[quote=“the_average_white_man”]Make a snide remark if you want to, because you’ve got nothing else. You guys are apparently as comfortable with Palin as veep as some of us were with Al Gore or John Edwards… What exactly made Edwards a viable veep candidate four years ago? History as a trial lawyer? Being a senator? Please…

You’ve got nothing on this woman, nothing you can zero in on. I hope you find something, though. Good luck digging.[/quote]

Whatever, why all the anger? Why all the partisan bluster?

Huge gamble by McCain…he must have picked her because she might appeal to disaffected Hillary supporters (as a woman) and conservatives (due to her positions on guns and abortion etc.). There was also a lack of good options for the VP spot-thought he may have gone for Romney but having two very rich men running for the White House might have made him look even more “out of touch”.
That’s the rational, but she has less that two years experience as governor of a small state, which neuters McCain’s “lack of experience” line of attack–especially as he could die at any time. Smacks of desperation to me…

[quote=“Mawvellous”][quote=“the_average_white_man”]Make a snide remark if you want to, because you’ve got nothing else. You guys are apparently as comfortable with Palin as veep as some of us were with Al Gore or John Edwards… What exactly made Edwards a viable veep candidate four years ago? History as a trial lawyer? Being a senator? Please…

You’ve got nothing on this woman, nothing you can zero in on. I hope you find something, though. Good luck digging.[/quote]

Whatever, why all the anger? Why all the partisan bluster?

Huge gamble by McCain…he must have picked her because she might appeal to disaffected Hillary supporters (as a woman) and conservatives (due to her positions on guns and abortion etc.). There was also a lack of good options for the VP spot-thought he may have gone for Romney but having two very rich men running for the White House might have made him look even more “out of touch”.
That’s the rational, but she has less that two years experience as governor of a small state, which neuters McCain’s “lack of experience” line of attack–especially as he could die at any time. Smacks of desperation to me…[/quote]

Angry? Please… Play amateur psychologist with someone else. I only get angry when the Yankees lose.

Maybe McCain chose her because he thought she was better… again, the experts and the analysts are now in overdrive trying to ‘figure out’ the choice.

She seems genuine, and more importantly, fearless. My only nitpick is that she advocates shooting wolves… an animal that happens to be a personal favorite of mine. But hey, not even George Bush is perfect.

She does seem genuine and interesting too, but I can’t see how she represents a serious choice.

Andrew Sullivan just called it McCain’s Harriet Mier’s moment,and that seems pretty apt

I think he’s trying to woo the Die-Hard Hillary Supporters™ who will cut off their reproductive rights to spite their face. But it may drive some anti-wimmin types who plague the far right of McCain’s party to abstain or vote for Barr.

But one certainly in all this: whoever wins, a barrier will be broken in US politics: either a racial one or a gender one. I love “firsts”: they make “seconds”, “thirds”, etc. unremarkable. Nobody bats an eye when a female or minority astronaut goes into space nowadays.

[quote=“Chris”]I think he’s trying to woo the Die-Hard Hillary Supporters™ who will cut off their reproductive rights to spite their face. But it may drive some anti-wimmin types who plague the far right of McCain’s party to abstain or vote for Barr.

But one certainly in all this: whoever wins, a barrier will be broken in US politics: either a racial one or a gender one. I love “firsts”: they make “seconds”, “thirds”, etc. unremarkable. Nobody bats an eye when a female or minority astronaut goes into space nowadays.[/quote]

Good point. Obama has transformed American politics whether he wins or loses.

Every writer, from Sullivan to Hitchens to Kinsley, is going to have a say. None of them pick the president.

Are her unknowns any worse than Biden’s flaws? Biden is as slick and scummy and condescending as they come, and that can’t be said about Palin.

[quote=“the_average_white_man”]Every writer, from Sullivan to Hitchens to Kinsley, is going to have a say. None of them pick the president.

Are her unknowns any worse than Biden’s flaws? Biden is as slick and scummy and condescending as they come, and that can’t be said about Palin.[/quote]

It can’t be said about me ether, but I wouldn’t dare suggest I was vp material.

[quote=“the_average_white_man”]

Angry? Please… Play amateur psychologist with someone else. I only get angry when the Yankees lose.

Maybe McCain chose her because he thought she was better… again, the experts and the analysts are now in overdrive trying to ‘figure out’ the choice.

She seems genuine, and more importantly, fearless. My only nitpick is that she advocates shooting wolves… an animal that happens to be a personal favorite of mine. But hey, not even George Bush is perfect.[/quote]

When I read your first post…calling Michelle Obama a “cunt”, randomly insulting any democrats you could think of, and drawing ridiculous and irrelevant historical comparisons…I could only conclude that it was brought on by anger. Sorry if I was wrong.

Yeah McCain thought she would be best …at helping him win the election-he’s behind and he has to take some chances. I doubt he would have picked her had he been ahead of Obama.

It hasn’t been joked around by the water coolers of America that this is really a VP race.
Since McCain going to die right in office from advance age or medical complications or both. And Obama is going to be targetted by every supremacy group in the country.

Palin vs. Biden.

How does Palin look in a pencil skirt?..
:roflmao: