All you can eat restaurants?

Ok, I read

Half true. Mala hot pot is a generic term, but its also this brands business name. It’s not that hard to google, other stores will have different names.

Indeed. But one shouldnt be confused why there are thousands of other results :slight_smile: A brand used a common cuisine term, bound to have loads of results. It would help to add keywords for more refined search results.

Beside All you can eat (吃到飽) Restaurants,
do you know any restaurant in Taipei with an interesting food challenge such as Mega size meal?

I´m attaching a photo of a 1 meter roasted beef steak from a restaurant of my country:

In Tamsui, I ate the big tower ice-cream:

I’m not really impressed with those super tall ice cream in danshui though… it tastes really watery for one thing. I realize that it being watery may be what’s necessary to build it up to a great height, but still, it’s kinda yucky.

I like McDonald’s ice cream better.

1 Like

Anyway, in my country we don´t have those super tall ice-creams, so it was a new experience to me.

That makes me wish I was in your country!

1 Like

Mala Hot Pot
02 2558 8131

We’ve been going to this one for years. I love their mala soup base, especially with beef or lamb. The quality of their meat is pretty good too.

As mentioned above, there’s beer and wine included in the price (for me) and 16 different flavors of haagen-dazs (sp?) for the kids. In winter, they have buffet strawberries with condensed milk.

As I remember, it costs around 800 for adults which is a bit more than places like Chien-yen or Gobar, but it’s definitely not expensive and still good value for money. Also, prices haven’t changed much in over 10 years.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the recommendation. Went this afternoon and watched the robots waitress. Paid NT600, but the experience was worthy.

1 Like

So far, my favorite place to eat all the shrimps I want for NT600. If you know a cheaper and better place in Taipei to eat all the seafood you want, I will appreciate.

There’s a good all-you-can-eat BBQ in Danshui with a silly name (愛烤愛對囉). They have three menus at different prices, two of which include various sorts of seafood. IIRC the middling option is NT$549.

This made me think of a churrascaria - all you can Brazilian bbq. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in Taiwan. Business :bulb:?

Good Luck. Because beef steak is expensive in Taiwan. Cannot imagine how expensive would be offering a 1 meter long beef steak in Taiwan.

There was one years ago behind the Sogo on the north side of Chunghsiao E. Rd. It was OK and was fairly busy when we went there (25 years ago?).
In Bali (Kuta) there’s, perhaps, the cheapest one on this side of the world. It’s about US$12 (165,000 IR). I ate there three years ago.
We got what we paid for.
ETA- The Sept. 2022 price is 230,000 IDR (US$15)
BRAZILIAN AUSSIE BBQ, Kuta - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - Tripadvisor

3 Likes

There’s a place called Eatogether that is very popular. Various locations around Taiwan. Don’t know the prices though.

Besides All you can eat restaurant, is there All you can drink Clubs in Taipei?

Like this one? This is closed now.

Depends on what drinks are served. Soft drinks are so cheap that the cup they give you costs more than the soda. Alcoholic drinks are something else though. But many of the more upscale all you can eat buffets also serve alcohol.

Some hot pot places have all you can drink beer. Someone mentioned such a place above. You have that also at some Japanese style barbecue places. The place I went to before is now closed. It was called Yayan Yakiniku Xizhi Restaurant. The beer was Beck’s but made in China! So be careful with these type of places.

1 Like