Alleycat's - the "chat" thread (Part 2)

Reading through some of the earlier postings, what happened to the other stuff on the menu? Or, have you decided to go Pizza only?

[quote=“terror firmer”]Okay, I just returned from Alleycats, and this is what I learned:

• Alleycat’s friends are more important than the other customers.
  • The cheese on the pizza is low quality and will ensure a sprint to a restroom on the way home.

That’s just my opinion. Feel free to go there and experience the hype first-hand. I will not go back. Good luck finding new customers.[/quote]

Saw your other nightlife thread where you say you’ve only been here a few days. I think over time, the reality of the pizza market in Taiwan will sink in. I’ve only been to Alleycat’s once, but I can tell you, there aren’t many places in Taipei that serve higher quality Mozzarella, and I can count on the fingers of one hand the places that make pizza comparable to Alleycat’s, and I don’t even have to use all the fingers.

If you find a place that you think is better, it’s probably one of the places that I’ve counted already, otherwise, I’d love to hear about it!

Alleycat didn’t talk to me much either, but I didn’t take it personally, and I didn’t feel that the other customers received better treatment.

Will that be cigarette or cigar ash, sir?

Wow I came off as being a dick there! Seriously though, a couple of extra hands in the kitchen, and maybe a few more seats v(there’s space for at least four more), and the service would improve. I felt rushed while I was eating, having people at the bar look at me with venom in their eyes while waiting for a seat.

I stand firm on the fixed pizza thing; I suck at choosing toppings. It’s too much work and calculation for my little brain to cope.

…and he is one you can do without!

i’m sure everyone has had a frustrating moment in Alleycats (its new for Gods sake!) but the best and fairest way to deal with it is to chat to the boss in person …who is by the way, very receptive to criticism and welcomes any ideas to improve things.

funnnily enough we talked about mosquitos (prompted by the Boss) on Saturday night and I suggested a neon zapper up by the door…watch this space, I reckon when I go back next he will have this sorted! (sorry Boss, that kind of puts you on the spot!)…(thats Tuesday Alan :wink: )

With regards to Alan’s buddies; I reckon he will have more than you in the long run Zombie! Not only he is generating good business but he is getting lots of new mates,mates who respect what he is doing. All Alleycat customers after a few visits will get treated like friends…I like this, as it beats the ‘eat up, pay up and get out’ feeling that you get in loads of his competitors joints in town.

Zombie…shame on, the worms that ate your face obviously had your brain for starters.

Even wilder man of Borneo!

:fume:

[quote=“Wild Man of Borneo”]…and he is one you can do without!

I’m sure everyone has had a frustrating moment in Alleycats (its new for Gods sake!) but the best and fairest way to deal with it is to chat to the boss in person …who is by the way, very receptive to criticism and welcomes any ideas to improve things.

funnnily enough we talked about mosquitos (prompted by the Boss) on Saturday night and I suggested a neon zapper up by the door…watch this space, I reckon when I go back next he will have this sorted! (sorry Boss, that kind of puts you on the spot!)…(thats Tuesday Alan :wink: )

With regards to Alan’s buddies; I reckon he will have more than you in the long run Zombie! Not only he is generating good business but he is getting lots of new mates,mates who respect what he is doing. All Alleycat customers after a few visits will get treated like friends…I like this, as it beats the ‘eat up, pay up and get out’ feeling that you get in loads of his competitors joints in town.

Zombie…shame on, the worms that ate your face obviously had your brain for starters.

Even wilder man of Borneo!

:fume:[/quote]

Enough already! I’m sorry for having the gumption to post some constructive criticism! I’m off to go sulk in the corner, where’s my blanket?

[quote]TpeBob
Mastered “Beer” in Chinese[/quote]

Ho ho ho.

i don’t know bob but i admire his prompt and courteous responses. i’ve only been there in the afternoon but from the comments i’ll be sure to try the “after nine”. is it really that crazy? (plus i’m jealous because he is a beer master and i’m an inky).

Nice to meet you last night, Electonisk.

Brian

You have been pm’ed-is that legal? Anyway, I am looking forward to a mutually satisfying outcome.

Cheers!

Sign me-Bloody Mary was my mother! :wink:

it was good to meet you and blueface too. see ya around.

sorry brain short. i meant ant… not blueface. (blueface breathes a sigh of relief “i don’t remember being there last night”)

Alan,

Just a quick note to you and your good lady for your generosity last night and to say that I agree with all posts here extolling the virtues of your pizzas. Very nice indeed. Just let me know in advance when you want to come down for the Liver & Onions and I will be delighted to return the hospitality you showed us last night.

(I’ll try to be sober too. I am suffering this morning. Teach me to have a long 9 hour liquid lunch!)

Cheers & Best Regards,

Bob

Amos, if you’d got pastry it wouldn’t have been shepherd’s pie. :wink:

[quote=“TpeBob”]Alan,

Just a quick note to you and your good lady for your generosity last night and to say that I agree with all posts here extolling the virtues of your pizzas. Very nice indeed. Just let me know in advance when you want to come down for the Liver & Onions and I will be delighted to return the hospitality you showed us last night.

(I’ll try to be sober too. I am suffering this morning. Teach me to have a long 9 hour liquid lunch!)

Cheers & Best Regards,

Bob[/quote]

Thanks Bob, but it was our pleasure having you visit last night. And thank you for the note. Be seeing you soon,

Alan

Yeah, I thought that too. But guess what?

Bloody drunken johnny-come-lately Bob almighty from Carnage comes in and Alleycat forgets his so-called mates. I had to talk to my girlfriend for ages last night, until Bob had put the world right and Alleycat was let free to schmooze with the people who visit his establishment regularly. It’s just not good enough. I expect priority treatment, and refuse to be less important than some long-haired drunkard with a pretty girl on his arm and, er…

I think Alleycat’s judgement is being affected by spending his waking hours in a hole in the ground.

What with all this talk of ‘recompense’ every time someone complains I’m going to have to think of something that’s not good enough at Carnage.

Er, my steak and kidney pie was too big recently. And at lunchtimes there’s often this bohemian old English bloke wandering around trying to con people that he’s the manager. He had me going for a while, but I saw him falling over drunk (OK, ‘staggeringly drunk’ might be more accurate.)in Alleycat’s last night and everyone knows that pub managers don’t drink, right? Who is this guy, and why don’t you stop him coming in?

He even had some of your business cards, and was handing them out a few weeks back. Next time it happens I’ll restrain him and shout for you, but I expect a good feed out of it. Deal?

My kids and I went to Alleycat’s last week to pick up some pizza and were very pleased. Thanks Alan, for the friendly service and delicious pizza. I told the kids that there will be no more Pizza Hut or Dominos at our house and even the 7 year old (who does not like change) agrees. Don’t know that I’d want to take the whole family there just because we tend to be pretty noisy and I wouldn’t want to disturb other customers, but I placed my order so it would be ready by 5:30 and then we took a cab home.

I was a little confused about the cost of the pizza/toppings so I hope I didn’t underpay you. Any plans to open for lunch? Looking forward to lunch with the ladies there.

Thanks again,

BH

Does this mean you’re now doing take-out? Or is it BYO containers? Seriously, I have cravings for that pizza but also don’t want to drag the whole family along :slight_smile:

Yup, they’re doing take out, at least for the pizzas. Didn’t order anything else.