Alternative Energy in Taiwan and Taiwan's Energy Security

I’m guessing energy deliveries will be delayed. This is how Taiwan will be brought to submission. I’m guessing the UN isn’t going to say a word about any of this.

1 Like

I’m betting Chinese subs are mostly crap, so the chance of a blockade is minimal.

No one—not least the governments of Taiwan and the US—would rely on those guys for a second.

Guy

This doesn’t mention Taiwan but it talks about how the leaders of EU member states who depend on Russian energy are not being honest with their populations about the energy shortfall. Article claims 40% of these people won’t have energy to make it through the coming cold months.

I expect Taiwan energy imports will be restricted by these Chinese.

At least we have end of life nuclear and brand spanking new wind turbines.

A different article says that China is halting shipments to Taiwan of a material essential for chip making and PCBs.

Probably best to keep the car and scooter topped off and the pantry stocked. I believe this blockade is anything but temporary.

Thank you for the share.

1 Like

For those who think nuclear is the way to go in Taiwan, here is one current case to consider in terms of “security” (i.e. the topic of this thread):

Guy

1 Like

I thought nuclear was safe and without risk?

Like I said, they would be reporting delays on energy shipments.

These ships can’t be insured !!! These energy cargo carriers won’t have anyone to insure them to deliver to Taiwan and there are a ton of other options for selling the gas/oil/coal shipments. Force mejure

Just finished the entire video. 16 days reserve and at best case going forward is 20+ days of reserve? Government is really short sighted. Seems like they are more worried about election than the actual security of the island. Energy independence should have been a priority 50 years ago.

1 Like

Suddenly all of us “crazy people” discussing taiwans piss poor water, food and energy security issues dont seem so crazy anymore.

2 Likes

It all makes sense now. Although my part of TW doesn’t have that water or power issue wink wink

Yeah, hopefully they get shit sorted, yesterday. but Taiwan has had water rationing schemes in the past decade as well. the brick wall is approaching, but there are simple fixes for sure.

1 Like

Before we get into 21 century war tactics, I really do think Taiwan needs to fix it’s energy reliance on imports. Only 22 days of energy reserves. All they have to do is blockade your energy imports for a month, and you won’t have power. This is a serious national security issue that should be prioritized above politics.

1 Like

There’s a thread for that already

1 Like

We have a thread for that:

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/taiwans-energy-security-dependency/219533

EDIT: Damn you @TT and your lightning fast posting!

Guy

1 Like

Duh. Obviously the solution is Bitcoin!!!

Bitcoin relies on energy as well? Never mind then.

There’s no way Taiwan can fix its reliance on energy imports anytime soon. Even if Taiwan starts now, it takes 5 years to build one nuclear power plant. They’ll probably have to build a couple at the same time.

Are you talking about China facing an energy blockade?

Taiwan.

I posted first then went looking for the link

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/taiwans-energy-security-dependency/219533?u=tt

At least I beat you to that. lol

Guy