Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

What drugs have you tried for recreational purposes at any time? Choose all that apply.

• got drunk
  • smoked pot
  • smoked hash
  • smoked opium
  • shrooms
  • peyote
  • acid
  • pcp
  • barbituates (non prescription)
  • amphetimines (non prescription)
  • prescription drugs
  • ecstasy
  • ketamine
  • coke
  • crack
  • meth
  • heroin
  • huffed paint/glue
  • nitrous oxide
  • never done any of the above
  • never done any of the above except get drunk
  • never done any of the above except get drunk and get stoned

0 voters

The world seems to be changing. When I was a kid, recreational drug use was standard rite of passage. Heck, my 80 year-old parents have smoked a few doobies. But the world seems to be changing. We suffered through Young Republicans in the 80’s, then Christians in the 90’s, now a virginal, staunchly anti-drug crowd appears to be raising its unsightly head. I’m not saying drug use can’t be devastating; of course it can be. But for christsake, when people cry out for dope growers to be locked up and throw away the key, the world seems to be seriously out of whack. So, to see who we all are, please let us know a little about your past.

I apologize that my poll categories may not be perfect, but please try your best to respond and mark all that apply.

I’ve smoked a lot of grass, and I’ve popped a lot of pills, but I’ve never touched nothing that my spirit could kill.
Most of the very addictive things, I’ve never tried.

I think the list is pretty good.

I was once willing to try anything I could get my hands on, with the exception of heroin. Don’t touch anything anymore, although a lazy Saturday afternoon with a couple of old friends may see me puffing on a joint. Old times sake and all that.

But if drug use declined I’d say it was a good thing.

Everything should be legal, in my opinion.

you missed DMT and 2CB. and yohimbine. and kava.

I had a friend who went to Tahiti to help deal in kava. Previously he grew dope in California and a guy he sold it to somehow had money/power/govt connections in Tahiti, so they moved there and grew the stuff and my friend, who was very handy, helped set up the machinery to take the plants and distill/extract the good stuff from it. He had a great time there, but I believe the kava operation wasn’t fruitful. I don’t know the exact reasons it failed, but I understand the stuff tastes fairly nasty, it only gives an extremely mild buzz, and locals drink it for the social aspect more than for the buzz. I think if you want to make money selling drugs, it’ll be more lucrative if it’s got a good kick. I think their local connections may have also taken advantage of/ripped them off.

‘Smoking pot’ is for geriatrics and American teenagers. I would have been ripped to shreds at my school for been a peasanty 1970s dweeb. So, no.

I am stoned now.

My hero.

I would be if I could.

Apart from three incidences of seeing people smoking strange cigarettes, I went through my childhood and early adult life without encountering any drugs (perhaps “without noticing” would be more accurate). Probably just happenstance and the fact that my social life has always pretty much just been me, the bottle, and a few mates. It was only after coming to Taiwan that I encountered a lot of weed use.

The fact that pot smokers’ choice of recreational drug can result in jail time for them seems very unfair. It is unnecessary government interference in people’s lives.

[quote=“almas john”]Apart from three incidences of seeing people smoking strange cigarettes, I went through my childhood and early adult life without encountering any drugs (perhaps “without noticing” would be more accurate). Probably just happenstance and the fact that my social life has always pretty much just been me, the bottle, and a few mates. It was only after coming to Taiwan that I encountered a lot of weed use.

The fact that pot smokers’ choice of recreational drug can result in jail time for them seems very unfair. It is unnecessary government interference in people’s lives.[/quote]

You grew up in NZ and never encountered marijuana?! Weird. That stuff grows on trees there. Literally. :stuck_out_tongue:

This one time, at band camp, I stuck my flute into a mug of root beer. :lick:

I was gonna start a sex poll next. This one’s just about drugs.

All the ‘club drugs’ like E and K are a mystery to me. I guess they are pretty new, and I don’t go to clubs. I haven’t done anything besides booze and pot since the 1970s.

I don’t understand the point of this poll.

If the answer is yes, so what? If the answer is none of the above, so what?

Hopefully we’ve all grown up and realized when things are, and are not, appropriate.

Or is this another stab at the, staring at the flesh, thread?

Must everything have a point? Can’t each person make of it what they will, as in most other threads?

I don’t know what the point of the poll is, but it is getting more and more difficult for people to justify the current prohibition. Pot is very mainstream these days. The last three US Presidents have used it.

you might add:

kif (its a type of hashish thing)
morning glory seeds (Heavenly Blue and Pearly White)

…and I think there’s two more…but its kinds hazy up in there sometimes… :sunglasses:

Elequa -
MTs point is on the top of his haid…let him play…sometimes he actually has a method to his wackiness.

In Canada, it apparently grows under trees. :rainbow:
And a scientist in the UK has just been fired because he is honest. Can’t have that, honesty in politics. :no-no:

Alcohol only.

drugs are bad…mmmKay