Amazon Apex shipping - Taiwan customs?

Anyone here has experience with this? Currently Amazon has free shipping to Taiwan. Their packages are shipped by Apex, whom I’ve never heard of before. The name doesn’t show up in the Ez-way TW customs app. The status shows TPE customs clearance began. But I haven’t gotten any SMS or email for the paperwork.

Anyone faced problems with Apex?

I had something shipped through Apex. Arrived without problems, but a couple of days after the status on Amazon changed to “delivered”.

Good to know. Wonder why they don’t need the customs auth through Ez-way

Apex Express - ECMS International Logistics Limited company
you could track the package in the following links

source

Some stuff from the US doesn’t show up in EZ Way either.

I had packages delivered from USPS, doesn’t show up on EZ Way either. I think postal service has their own custom clearance.

I have had a large number of Amazon packages come through Apex and others in recent months. Others all use EZWay, and Apex never did until today (I think).
I am waiting for four packages being shipped by Apex and received two text messages from some shipper that I must assume is Apex. Unfortunately, they did not say what the shipper was or give a parcel number as the others do, so now I have to start doing detective work.
Will update as and when possible.

They are general slow in my experience, and their delivery status on Amazon does not always match facts on the ground. Just before Christmas I had a package that they claimed was delivered on a Thursday at midnight (1220am), but did not actually show up until the following Tuesday.
When I complained to Amazon on the Saturday in between they assured me that they has done an “investigation” (which took all of 17 minutes) and the geolocation tracking etc… confirmed it had been delivered and that I should get a more reliable delivery location (we have a 24 hour doorman that logs packages).
Clearly Apex was lying to Amazon, and Amazon was lying to me. I did get my package in the end, but the process does not fill me with confidence. Other shippers are spot on with notifications and deliveries, in my recent experience.

Does anyone have a contact number for this company/Apex in Taiwan?

source:
https://www.global.ecmsglobal.com/contact-us

Thanks much. Obvious. Silly question.

I bought 4 items all small stuff and not really heavy on December 21st with free shipping to Taiwan and they estimated the delivery back then as January 10th.

They shipped DHL (Dec 31st) for 1 item and it arrived yesterday and had a proper DHL tracking number. I got regular text messages and emails about status and no issues with duty since Amazon makes you pre-pay the duty.

The other 3 items they shipped a day earlier than the DHL but via APEX. It’s showing as completed Taiwan customs, but they have the estimate as January 13th.

I guess it is hard to know in which cases Amazon will use DHL or APEX but certainly APEX is a new version of snail mail. :sweat_smile:

Hi. Does anyone know which Broker should I select for ECMS/Apex when filling out the EZWay app?

From Amazon?
I order stuff to Taiwan from Amazon almost every week and it arrives from ECMS just fine. I’ve never had to use an app or do anything special at all. Did customs ask you to do this?
Here’s a Chromebook I ordered recently. Will probably come tomorrow.

Yes. From Amazon. I have made some orders from Amazon before, but three of my parcels got stuck in customs. I had ignored previous messages sent in Chinese to my phone, because I don’t speak the language, but upon translation those and some others, now I think it is because I didn’t fill out the EZWay forms. But I am not sure. I tried contacting ECMS but they aren’t answering my mails.

I hadn’t had problems before, just this time.

I’m having the same issue. All items showed this delivery attempt a week ago (after ECMS reported it as cleared customs and transfered to a 3rd party delivery).

It’s been 7 days and nothing happening. Did you figure it out? I never received any text messages. Amazon said the official delivery date reported by ECMS is Oct 23 so they asked me to contact them if it’s not here by then.

The Amazon order I received a month ago went through without issue.

Received my package today from Amazon shipped via ECMS express. Strangely I got an email from acsnets.com asking me to complete the real-name authentication on EZWAY. I couldn’t find ECMS or ACS Express on EZWAY so did nothing. Will see, I have one more package coming.

This EzWay mechanism does not really make anything easy for anyone except maybe the customs department. I hardly dare order from abroad anymore. I once had a package I had been waiting on for weeks sent back to China. I guess my English name could not be matched against my Chinese name. I got my money back on that one, but it was a pain.

Thanks - how long did it take from order to delivery?

Amazon refunded me already. None of the 5 items every showed up.

Ordered Oct 21. Arrived Oct 27. One more item in order is expected Nov 1.

Did you end up getting it despite not doing the real name authentication?