American fights and dies in Ukraine; do you think USA people would fight as a volunteer in Taiwan

Probably. There are also a lot of Americans in general, and a lot who have military experience and the kinds of patriotism and adventurism needed.

I doubt Japanese would do much unless directly touched Japanese waters as its kinda rules now to be defensive to Japan and not do things away from Japan. Even warships pass between major Japanese islands as some of it is international waterways (Which as person who is from Kyushu seems odd, but that is what it is) Japan does not do anything.

Also a blockade takes time, not not sure it’s best China interest to prolong the event as it will give the USA time to help if it so desires to help. From I see in Ukraine, as more time passed they got a lot more help and now a lot better off than at the start of the war.

Sure. But they’re not coming here to help. If Mr. Billionaire mentioned above doesn’t motivate any locals, I’ll keep my head down with them.

Well, I’m saying they are :slight_smile: It’s been interesting, have a good one

Japan won’t do more than offer logistical support unless it’s directly attacked. Entering a war between foreign powers, which is not only unconstitutional but is likely unsupported, would only enflame the Chinese public that the west wants to turn on the government. Japan will wait, reinstate the military, and start building up its defenses. That’s a factor that makes China less likely to invade.

You just said it was impossible for Americans volunteers to get here during a war or blockade.

Even if they do most of them will be hit by antiship missiles as soon as anything kicks off.

They may not be rich but they didn’t look poor to me either in their well developed cities.

1 Like

You think Taiwan has the most missiles per square mile in the world, including ones that can reach Beijing, just for fun?

It’s getting HIMARS and other weaponry specifically designed to break off a blockade

The point is retaliation. If Taiwan hit any Chinese city, China would escalate far beyond a blockade. This is part of Taiwan’s problem. The military is focused on big showy systems that can raise the national pride and keep the ruling party in power, but the backbone is weak.

Why’s that a problem? Ukraine doesnt even have anything that can reach Russia. If Taiwan blows up a Chinese city, which it can, Chinese people will be rioting in the streets, so bye bye CCP.

Taiwan also has the funds for cheaper, more mobile drones and anti-tank weapons which it is getting right now.

Because you’d be dead. If you’re even here. What you’re describing is poor strategy, no country would destroy a city in response to a blockade. Well, maybe North Korea.

$15 per person should be able to cover a lunch box, some sake, a mask, blue slippers and a white flag.

1 Like

I would not be so sure about that.

1 Like

Ya, if anything that would rally the masses in china to fight taiwan. That is taiwans real problem. Plus loss of international support We are supposed to play the high ground, as soon as we start that shit, we lose that and then the slippery slope of already piss poor support is revealed. that’s a big risk. Unfair and totally retarded, but that’s the short end that is Taiwan so long as the CCP oppression machine continues to be supported and funded globally

2 Likes

I think flakiness is a part of superpower diplomacy :laughing:

Except:

One of the dangerous consequences of violating the Iran deal is a loss of credibility for the US, say critics of Donald Trump’s decision including former president Barack Obama. Iran and all other parties have respected the deal’s terms, they point out, making the US look like an unreliable international partner.

Well, the US is an unreliable international partner—and it has long been one, even before the current administration pulled out from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Paris agreement on climate change, and threatened to end NAFTA. History is dotted with treaties that the US has signed but not ratified, signed and then unsigned, and even refused to sign after pushing everyone else to sign.

Capriciousness about international treaties is an old US tradition. It starts with the country’s very creation: hundreds of treaties signed with Native American tribes that were either broken, or not ratified. Today, the US is one of the countries to have ratified the fewest number of international human rights treaties—of the 18 agreements passed by the UN, America has only ratified five.

1 Like

The most ridiculous thing I’ve read in months. If Taiwan bombs a city in China, it will be annihilated. And the patriotic nationalism of the Chinese will reach new levels of insanity.

5 Likes

Yes, I agree. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

doesnt take away from the fact one shouldn’t expect a deal with China to be honoured for very long.

1 Like

Certainly. It is par for the course with this particular strand of statecraft.

1 Like

That’s a pretty much gloves-off assessment. I don’t disagree. It’s a big selling point of US power. We won’t do to you what we haven’t already done to ourselves and our own.

Capitulation doesn’t have to hurt. :laughing:

Haha, thanks for the laugh! Sorry but that’s delusional.
The basis of peace here is 中國人不打中國人 If Taiwan strikes, China will sink this island into the Pacific and the people will cheer.

1 Like