An Inconvenient Truth - Al Gore climate change film

OK I get it now. It was a film for stupid people. That explains everything. Thanks.

What I can’t believe is that anybody is just awakening to the climate change issue now or that this film had anything to do with the awakening.[/quote]
Not everyone is as clever or on the ball as you though, bob. Some of us are downright slow, in fact.

Someone helped you write that.

OK I get it now. It was a film for stupid people. That explains everything. Thanks.[/quote]
It was a film for the lowest common denominator, bob. Yes. Those people who read their newspaper every day, see old George telling them there’s no such thing as global warming and believing it. Is that such a bad thing? You’re just miffed because Al Gore is better looking than you, richer, and can therefore get more and hotter birds.

If I was on the ball sandy, I’d have a bank account. :wink:

I’m miffed but I’m not “just” miffed. That is going too far surely.

[quote=“bob”]Meanwhile Joe Blow consumer can charge along in his Dodge Dart or SUV, eating too much, crapping too much, occupying too much space with his living arrangements etc safe in the knowledge that big business is looking after things. I don’t buy it. The patterns of consumption are what shape business activity. As long as it is possible to buy cheap crap shipped half way across the country or around the world people will continue to buy it and people will continue to manufacture, ship, consume and dispose of it and this is what causes global warming. Nowhere in Al Bores bland film did I hear any mention of the real solution to global warming and a thousand other forms of environmental devastation - increased oil taxes.[/quote]I’m looking forward to more places bringing their birthrates down to the level of Japan and Italy (1.something). Between a shrinking population and greater urbanization, things could get interesting.

Uh…yeah. Right.

“Interesting” isn’t exactly the word I’d use for it though.

Frotterers delight no doubt, but as I’ll be in Japan later this year I hope there will be no increased taxes or anything to interfere. Is it true that Al Bore is better looking than me? Will they notice in the nightclubs? Where’s my waiter gosh darn it.

Uh…yeah. Right.

“Interesting” isn’t exactly the word I’d use for it though.[/quote]

You think the human population should keep increasing? Economics really aren’t the most important thing on this planet, as we are about to discover.

We need more young to pay for / support the old, maybe, but the more people there are, the less the planet can support (any of) them.

How far into the equation are you willing to look?

Uh…yeah. Right.

“Interesting” isn’t exactly the word I’d use for it though.[/quote]I’ll bite. What’s your word for it?

Death is highly underated, particularly on a personal level.

Al sure is a world-class hypocrite as his fellow Tennesseans have discovered :laughing:

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255203,00.html

Pssssst! …Hey buddy!..wanna buy some carbon credits?..I got 'em…for you…cheeep!

Missing the point innit? You don’t kinda suppose the impact of Gore’s little film is about to save a whole lot more than can be thrown out by a few Tenessean light bulbs? I can tell you the measures adopted by the company I work at alone will offset a considerable amount of environmental strain. All because the company hosted Gore at a Forum and listened carefully.

Typical Fox News arse-swipe.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Missing the point innit? You don’t kinda suppose the impact of Gore’s little film is about to save a whole lot more than can be thrown out by a few Tenessean light bulbs? I can tell you the measures adopted by the company I work at alone will offset a considerable amount of environmental strain. All because the company hosted Gore at a Forum and listened carefully.
Typical Fox News arse-swipe.
HG[/quote]
LOL…
Gore’s Teapot Dome Scandal?

Gore Family’s Ties to Oil Company Magnate Reap Big Rewards, and a Few Problems
NEW YORK TIMES, Sunday, 19 March 2000, By Douglas Frantz

Ha ha ha ha ha haaaa…

Thanks. More petty point scoring with no eye on the bigger picture. and yet more evidence of what a tatty and immature political system you lot have. :unamused:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]more evidence of what a tatty and immature political system you lot have. :unamused:

HG[/quote]

webcity.com.au/keating/

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All good, and many thanks for the link, but I’ll take the reference to mean you’re not an Australian, or at least have missed something about the way we communicate with each other.

HG

HG’s point is apt…

[quote=“JAS”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]more Thanks. More petty point scoring with no eye on the bigger picture. :unamused:

HG[/quote]

webcity.com.au/keating/ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

That’s right, right-wing boys (still in kindergarten I see), continue your juvenile mud-slinging, while the real men, patriots like Al Gore, do their best for America and the world.

Global warming is because of carbon use-and he’s neutral. Are you? He’s an extremely admirable person.

Here’s some more facts:
environment.guardian.co.uk/energ … 34,00.html

[quote]By yesterday morning Mr Gore’s team was pulled into the controversy. Kalee Kreider, his environmental adviser, told the Guardian that “you can attack the messenger but the message remains the same”. She said Mr Gore’s fuel bills failed to tell the whole picture. All the energy used for the Nashville home came from a green power provider to the Tennessee Valley that draws its energy from solar, wind-powered and methane gas supplies, among other sources.

The Gores were installing solar panels on the roof of their home, Ms Kreider added, and making efforts to reduce their energy needs. Besides, Mr Gore had adopted a “carbon neutral” life whereby any emissions for which he was personally responsible were offset by buying green credits such as parcels of forests.
“The point about vice-president Gore is that he’s devoted 30 years of his life to educating people about global warming. That says something about the man,” she said.[/quote]

Answer this:
How many live in Gore’s house (and guest house which is included in the figures)? I have seen a video of him at home, and he likes extended family to be there, or visit. Since he’s actually away often on the road, we can safely deduce that there are numbers of people at his residence.
–What is the so-called average household useage figure based on? How many occupants and how large is the home
?
What does his energy consumption, based on green sources as much as possible, have to do with daily destruction of the environment in the US and around the world?
–Are you science deniers (and I include Bob, with his anti-Gore extremeism) happy that mankind has seriously hurt the amazing planet we live on? If not, what should we do to fix what we (collectively) have done?