An Obamagate master thread

I agree, but raising hundreds of millions of $ for the nominee (whoever that will be) is not what I would call “retired from politics.”

1 Like

I acknowledge your definition as I don’t believe you’re wrong either. I can see your point.

1 Like

I’ve posted videos. There is an hour long interview with Lee Smith, who has legit journo chops, which is a good start. It’s easier to watch now, knowing what we know, but when I saw it, I was skeptical. Then one by one, everything Nunes said had happened and was still happening started to break off…I was like

Sounds like me and China Uncensored. First few times I saw it, I thought he was a crackpot.

1 Like

Ah discussion…I’ve missed you. :salute:

1 Like

Thats fine, but would you accept a government shouldn’t by spying on it citizens, or political parties shouldn’t be spying on their opponents, these tools if used at all need to only used for defensive purposes?

Not to horn in, but maybe the worst thing is a purposefully incomplete briefing given by the incumbent to the duly and lawfully elected incoming prez.

We have a long tradition in the US of clean and peaceful handoffs of power, esp in the Exec, a tradition that Obama broke. It justifies almost every shitty thing the GOP ever accused him of. Just sad.

I intended it to organize the data points and discussion, but as of this past half hour perhaps I should settle for containing the denialist derp.

I reserve the right to abandon threads of my own making if they no longer serve a useful purpose. But let’s wait and see if it gets better.

Hooray!

It’s a really interesting question. I don’t know if I have the best answer. Government should have a warrant before taking action against private citizens and rights should be protected.

On the other hand, political parties are in a grey zone for me. Are they public figures or private organisations? If they’re private, then sure, I can agree, but then everything is behind closed doors. If they’re public, then I guess the mic is on. Can’t really spy on open mics. I think it really depends on how we want our political parties to be.

If things have to be secretive when it comes towards making policy that affects peoples lives… Maybe I wouldn’t want privacy for political parties. Does it have to be a zero sum bloodsport?

This is an outright lie.

Thanks Marco. When I mean spying I mean the ability to listen in on calls, search peoples personal devices, telephones, computers, see who they connect with and where they are at any point in time.

Can you see for some people that might be an issue?

1 Like

I can see your point.

1 Like

Dood…why you do this to yourself? lol

1 Like

@Marco seems to be doing his best Siri impression right about now and doing a good job at remaining diplomatic throughout all of this. Taking notes.

Can’t change minds. Only can change your own mind. I need to try to be open minded.

He’s right. I’m not paranoid and I’m not doing nuthing wrong but I too want a disposable flip phone cuz
Fuck them…that’s why. My reality is not Fahrenheit 451. I’m not giving them any of my “God given rights” back willingly. Now I’m not burn down the CVS and steal the opioids mad…but I can get pretty huffy about it, let me tell ya. :cowboy_hat_face:

I’ll leave that to you. I’ve long since realized that Obamagate is a pure deflection of accountability and stopped entertaining conspiracy theories. Good Luck!

Profile pic changed accordingly. :whistle:

The Director of the FBI is given a 10 year term for reason - to span presidential terms. That’s a sad day if you think that appointees should be changed over every time. Trump has had enough turnover and we are paying the price now as a result of the brain drain in government.

1 Like