And yet another consequence of Taiwan Parenting Issues (spoilt, lack of belt)

I had to clean up this thread a bit.

Come on, guys! It’s not because we are in Parenting that you can act like kids! :upside_down_face:

Please behave.

8 Likes

You can still buy a kids beating stick at Carrefour as I recall and canes are in all the school shops. I find the parenting goes to extremes. Little Johnny either has no discipline at home and is never told no or ones with extreme parenting with lots of violence where the kid basically has zero personality out of fear.

Btw I bought one of those carrefour sticks to kill mosquitos that are out of my reach or flying cockroaches. They never see what hits them, super useful

2 Likes

It’s not easy to be parents. I drove them today from grandparents holiday house to our apartment. Like 5 hours of drive.

They had tantrum, small fight. Just typically kids behavior. I stopped car, put bigger child in driving sit, sit next to it. Here you have keys, drive. You were loud, fine, now is my turn to be loud. I put heavy metal on.Whaaat,sorry can’t hear you. You just turn on car and drive.
After 15 minutes sorry Dad, can you drive. Nope, call your mum first and tell why we will be late.
I don’t try to micromanage kids, neither ban their behavior, actually I try to encourage them to express themselves .At the same they have to bear consequences of their action.
Taiwanaese kids are shut down emotionally, they are insecure and afraid. Not my thing.

4 Likes

Terrible there has been many tragedies over video games

I would dis own this kid and he needs serious jail time

Easier said than done of course

But he will continue to be a problem when he gets out and may try to kill his family again or Kill himself

A loose cannon

This guy deserves the death penalty

Motto I guess is kick them out when they exhibit any violence and never take them back

Wow one big happy family ….NOT

The guy was a coward should have lived his life with his choice of a wife no need to kill his family

Many parents object to their childrens choice of a mate

Quite common

We would have been taken away by child protective services my sister and I

Our mom used to whip us for any wrong doing with bamboo sticks that raised large welts

But we never caused any more shit

1 Like

Maybe it is about parenting, with ‘Taiwanese Characteristics’? :smile:

1 Like

Quite a pun in more ways than one. :laughing:

1 Like

I’d bet good money a higher percentage of kids in Taiwan get the belt than the US.

Consequences work best alongside a functioning moral compass. Yup. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I think the word you might be thinking of is feared. :idunno:

An associate’s kid was having an online class, and shouted at her mother “Get me my book!” The mother was obviously flustered, running around looking for the book. Later on chatting to the kid, the kid said something decidedly odd, along the lines of “My father and mother do not want me to be upset” and laughed.

Seems to me bad parenting here sets no boundaries: both kids and parents know no limits. Parents micromanage and kids get to be princes and princesses.

When I was that age I just knew my homework was my business, and parents only got involved when I was having difficulties (and I asked for help). If i didn’t do it there were consequences: a fail escalating to a teacher’s note and a sit-down.

6 Likes

What do the following three have in common?

Bezos, Zuckerberg, and Bill Gates?

All attended Montessori schools.

Now it’s debatable whether they turned out good people or not. But boy, did they overachieve.

They were probably never belted.

They all had families that were relatively well off?

7 Likes

I don’t hate my parents. I love my parents I can’t stand my parents. That’s why I live on the opposite side of the country.

1 Like

They are lucky didn’t had Taiwanese parents

It is proclaimed that the UK’s rate of pregnancies in females aged 15-19 makes it the “worst” in Europe.

Children in the west are more free

FRENCH TEENAGERS BURN CARS AND SMASH BUS STOPS FOR THE SECOND DAY

They are happy they don’t have taiwanes parents!!

3 Likes

These last two pictures are a bit old. The kids are much scarier now.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I saw that kind of news definitely more than once when I was still a kid in Taiwan. I tried to google for those, but I guess you’d need to have access to an old news paper database.

I definitely do not love a boss I had previously.