AnimalsTaiwan Rooftop Party, PHOTOS! (p.3)

A major fundraising social event is happening this weekend.
Saturday, May 26th, 5 p.m. till 11 p.m.
It will be a multi-dimensional happening at a new club-art-music-performance space on the TienMu Riviera! Tell your friends. Live music, with some great bands!

[quote]Dear Friend,

(Please forward this to anyone who you think would like to come to this fundraising social event.)

A multi-dimensional happening at a new club-art-music-performance space (i.e. David’s rooftop apartment)on the TienMu Riviera, Sat May 26th, 2007

1. A donation of NT$500 to Animals Taiwan gets you free drinks all night: Beer, wine, gin, etc. with ice; All profits to AT
  2. If you tell a joke, sing a song, perform a poem, tell a story, or do a skit, you get 100 back. Maximum two performances per person.
  3. We are open to the sky and stars. Comfy seats, flush toilets and good conversation. THERE WILL BE COVER FOR UP TO 100 PEOPLE, SO THIS EVENT IS HAPPENING COME RAIN OR COME SHINE!
  4. There will be dancing. You will dance! Great music.
  5. Take a NT$70 cab ride from Zhishan MRT. Address: 6F, No.8, Lane 15, Yusheng Street (It’s near a gas station on ZhiCheng Road.) You can call 0932 889 542 from the taxi to have a Chinese speaker talk to the driver. Or 0963 007 102 (Angela) or 0936 090 020 (Betty)

Please spread the word. Aiming for 100 people or more.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

On the map below, X is your destination. G is a gas station, 7 is a 7-eleven, and 85 is a coffee shop.

On the map above, X is your destination. G is a gas station, 7 is a 7-eleven, and 85 is a coffee shop.

If you cannot read this message, please visit: http://animalstaiwan.org/event_shindig.htm

News just in:

[color=red]David[/color] [color=green]Chen [/color][color=yellow]and[/color] [color=yellow]the[/color] [color=brown]Muddy [/color][color=blue]Basin [/color][color=violet]Ramblers[/color]
will be doing their damndest for the doggies at this hootenanny, so come and join in the fun.

Can I come to this party for giant animals?? I have a huge cock that I would be happy to let everyone play with…

You think that’s BIG??

Good luck with the event, guys!

You’re not coming, Mr. Stu?

Cock envy.

Will there be any jokes ?

Well, I’m kinda assuming from the description that this isn’t exactly child-friendly, so you know, I can’t.

But seriously, best of luck.

Don’t forget to use B.O. spray, Stray Dog :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, my word! I checked out the party venue last night. Very cool. Very, very cool. best described as a rooftop lounge.

Looking forward to seeing you all there and listening to the great live music.

By the way, Sugar, our recently adopted two-legged video star will be there to sign autographs. :wink:

I’ll be there too. One of my humans (the less attractive one) is supposed to be playing there, so he’ll be expecting at least SOMEone to be watching him. Prick.
The things some of us have to do for the odd chicken carcass… :unamused:

Animal abuse at an animal-welfare benefit party? :noway:

[quote]6) if rain, we go to The Pig & Whistle and/or Green Bar.[/quote]Any update on this? It’s looking quite rainy outside. Where are these places, anyway?

We’re holding out until 5 o’clock before making a decision, but if rain does stop play, I think the party per se will be off, but the organizer, David, will let us all know where we can meet up for consilatory drinks.

That would mean no band, methinks, and no fundraiser. If this does get rained off, we will postpone to another Saturday very, very soon - one when our musical friends will be able to join us.

I hope the rain stops. I really, really hope it stops. I’m usually quite a lucky guy, so let’s see what happens. I’ll be texting and emailing everyone I know as soon as I know what to tell them.

Pray to the sun god, everyone! :sunglasses:

It’s stopped raining, but the final decision will be made at 6 o’clock.

Please bear with me. :wink:

Although it has stopped raining in ShiLin, the skies are still grey, and we don’t want to take any risks, so, reluctantly, the party has been postponed for a couple of weeks. I will of course let you know when it will take place.

We will be back, and this event will happen, and in style (weather permitting). :sunglasses:

People have gone to the Shannon in lieu of the postponed rooftop event.

The AnimalsTaiwan Rooftop Benefit Party is back on! :sunglasses:

Sadly, the Ramblers probably won’t be able to make it this time, but we do have two other great bands and other forms of entertainment.

You are guaranteed free drinks and snacks and a jolly good time, and you’ll be helping AnimalsTaiwan prevent suffering of our fellow animals on the island.

See you all there!

(By the way, please be quiet when going up and down the stairs - thank you!)

Sean

The page on the site has been updated too. Y’all can look there to see a map and directions.

http://animalstaiwan.org/event_shindig.htm

Sounds like a plan… keep me updated if there is a cancellation or else I’ll be there… as long as Sean doesn’t try to sneak a dog into my backpack like at the Pub Trivia. I thought sponsoring meant helping out, not getting home, opening my backpack and there’s Longjohn staring at me like I’m a chicken piece ready to devour…

Don’t speak too soon.