Annette Lu, against aboriginals, against Taiwan

Is that some new faction of the DPP? “The Democratic Progressive Party Party?” And I thought names like the “Real IRA” were silly. Pray tell us, Mr. Native Speaker of Chinese and English, what the Chinese is for “Democratic Progressive Party Party.”

Even native speakers of english say “HIV virus” all the time. Consider it a carry over.

No we don’t, moron. We often say AIDS virus, but I’ve never heard any semi-educated native speaker of English say “HIV virus.” You are so utterly and helplessly full of shit.

I’ve learned that in Taiwan, and to some extent the rest of the world, but especially here, it is crucial that you hear a statement in its entirety before judging the speaker on it.

With the KMT media control here, misattributed quotes, twisted meanings and statements taken out of context are what passes for news.

I pointed out in another post how dissapointed I was by Pan-Greens using ethnic hatred and reace-baiting in the last election. Several Forumosans asked for verification or sources. I had none. I was going on the word of someone else and when I questioned him on it, or tried to find direct quotes to back up my claim, it all came back to TSU politicians – that still more Forumosans pointed out to me were defectors from the KMT.

The Pan-Greens are not angels. Politics the world over attract power-hungry, unethical, kick-back giving and receiving scum.

However, as a party that grew up in the martial law era of the KMT, went to jail for their beliefs and activities, paid attention to the rest of the country outside of Taipei, didn’t do things like ban Taiwanese, didn’t become the richest poiltical party in the world, didn’t cry foul about their own legislation when it didn’t serve them (and the list, Im afraid could on for several pages…) they have my (uneligible) vote.

KMT, at least the old guard, is a triad. A former dictatorship that coopts the media and did so with the educational system as well – all to serve its own end.

Annette Lu needs better pr, but I’ll take her anyday over the pan-blue thugs.

I agree with other posters here who said her timing was horrible. But, essentially, what she said is true.

Yes up here in the mountains Chinese are caught illegally cutting down red cyprus. The KMT raped the place and exported the timber to Japan until the 1980’s and only stopped after international environmental groups came here and saw the destruction.

The we have the Betel Nut Farmers ( chinese ) who cry that there trees were washed away in the typhoon. The rent land and the remove the local fauna and trees for there own selfish ends.

All the time the Aboriginals are blaimed for the illegal logging when it’s the foooking chinese doing all the illegal logging. Plenty of reports of caught lumberjacks in the Chinese Newspapers. Recently a group were caught logging at 2am. They attached motorcycle mufflers to their chainsaws to quieten them down. When caught they expressed amazement and didnt realize what they were doing was illegal. YEAH right… thats why it was being done at 2am with muffled chainsaws.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]

All the time the Aboriginals are balmed for the illegal logging when it’s the foooking chinks doing all the illegal logging.[/quote]
Eh, no need for the “chinks” remark (although you’ll be an ROC citizen soon :wink: ).

People in the mountains want to convert land to grow fruits or tea or betel nut. They shouldn’t be doing it, but they complain to their lawmaker(s) and the lawmaker(s), to curry votes, agrees to promote the planting. The farmers are happy until the rains come and because of deforestation and the loss of ground cover, the whole thing erodes away. Then the farmers blame the government for not doing whatever it is the government is supposed to do to protect their land and investment.
The fact is that the government cannot continue to allow the kind of strip-farming that goes on here.
Lu is right that the farmers are misusing the land, but it is the government that is tacitly allowing this to happen.
By the way, a recent report also says that some of the flooding from the last storm was due to distrubed top soil and gravel caused by the Sept. 21, 1999 earthquake.
Having gone over many of the vice president’s public comments as part of my job, I can say that she is pretty out there with things that come out of her mouth. My guess, from experience, is that what she probably was trying to do was make an analogy to farmers in Latin America and their way of using the land without harming it (true or false is not important).
Of course if this was in fact her intent, she bungled it.

[quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“Satellite TV”]

All the time the Aboriginals are balmed for the illegal logging when it’s the foooking chinks doing all the illegal logging.[/quote]
Eh, no need for the “chinks” remark (although you’ll be an ROC citizen soon :wink: ).[/quote]

I’m already and ROC Citizen, have been for many years, and in my own family I have two chinese uncles and a japanese aunt.

Anybody catch the “black terror” thing today? Took me a minute to figure out she meant newsprint. I think somebody should coin “hot pink terror”–meaning her mouth. (I like her, but gad, she HAS gone a bit out of control lately.)

Wow Chink and Shit all on the same page. What an enlighten bunch I’ve decided to have a conversation with. :slight_smile:

I wonder what the one’s wife would think if they knew there husband though of them as a racial slur. Talk about twisted asiaphile. I think they are beneath me, so I’ll marry one.

As for the land use issue. Perhaps it is the government job to enforce those regulations more, instead just blaming the populace and requesting that they move to the another country while injecting their own racist opinion.

Well my wife hates chinese, so I guess you’ll hear far worse from her than I. The Chinese came over here and slaughtered thousands of inncoent people becaus they didn’t agree with their politics. Don’t believe theat it couldnt happen again. Chinese are the most bigoted racists I’ve met.

I don’t go around speaking politically correct, something that Americans are so passionate about. I even get jumped on for using the word Niggardly.

I am not a racist, I hate everybody equally. hehehehe

What a pillock.

But it still begs the question, will Ms. Lu own up to her mistake and make a public apology or even a mere apologia to the aboriginal people she recently offended.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Well my wife hates Chinese, so I guess you’ll hear far worse from her than I. The Chinese came over here and slaughtered thousands of inncoent people becaus they didn’t agree with their politics. Don’t believe theat it couldnt happen again. Chinese are the most bigoted racists I’ve met.

I don’t go around speaking politically correct, something that Americans are so passionate about. I even get jumped on for using the word Niggardly.

I am not a racist, I hate everybody equally. hehehehe[/quote]

What does politically orchestrated killings have to do with Chinese being racists?

In any case, that was a rhetorical question. I wanted to point out the irony in calling Chinese the “most bigoted racists” when you are now the holder of a Republic of China citizenship.

[quote]What does politically orchestrated killings have to do with Chinese being racists? Since when were all the killings politically motivated, there were children killed, how political were they?

In any case, that was a rhetorical question. I wanted to point out the irony in calling Chinese the “most bigoted racists” when you are now the holder of a Republic of China citizenship.[/quote]

Being an ROC National doesnt make me Chinese, as so many Chinese people here are willing to remind me. My surname is German, thats doesnt make me a Geman either. My wifes family have been in Taiwan several thousand years, and they are not chinese either, but have ROC Nationality, and some of the people older people here still have the Ming Guo Chien here not the Jung Hua Ming Guo ROC nationality, seeing as they’ve been here a lot longer than the ROC.

Exact quotes, please, in Chinese. The media loves to misquote her, and we all know that reports in the KMT and Singapore media about the Chen Administration are next to worthless.

What does politically orchestrated killings have to do with Chinese being racists? [/quote]

Oh… I forgot, just beccause you think they are politically orchestrated killings that makes it ok to murder people then.

Thank you for sidestepping my question and putting words into my mouth.

This is a very interesting idea that I’ve been grappling with for a few years now. I’m 8th generation Taiwanese but my family still considers itself “Chinese”. Is your wife’s family from one of the aboriginal tribes? Even then, several thousand years seems to be a bit of a stretch…

Anyway, the “black terror” stuff is kind of ridiculous. VP Lu needs to keep her mouth shut. She basically accused the media of manipulating her words and creating a “black terror”.

Vorkosigan,

Why bother? Here are quotes from the pan-Green mouthpiece.
taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003179160

“Rescuing those people who should be held responsible for the spoiling of soil and water resources around central Taiwan should not be praised as `mercy.’ Victims who live in these areas could move to Central America to start new careers,” Lu said while inspecting areas devastated by the storm last week.

“I merely said that the government should have a more advanced emigration policy to solve the crisis of over-developed mountain areas,” she said.

“But [the media] misinterpreted what I said, claiming that I wanted to force all residents of central Taiwan to move to Central America,” she said.

Now people are protesting in the street agian.

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003179302
Independent Legislator May Chin (高金素梅) and People First Party (PFP) Legislator Tsai Chung-han (蔡中涵) began the hunger strike yesterday morning in front of the Presidential Office, vowing to fast until the end if Lu did not apologize.

I think VP Lu should apologize to the people. I mean she’s never going to admit she shot herself in the knee cap. So might as well go out and apologize for insulting the aboriginal people.