Another big nose busted for growing weed

Taiwan judges might see the writing on the wall.
Once this bill gets signed by bad man in white house, and when majority of states have legalized MJ, Taiwan will follow suit.

But itā€™s badder in some places right hmmmmmmm? :crazy_face:

As before, calling this racism is backwards.

Racism is hating or marginalising someone for what they are.

This is xenophobia, hating or marginalising someone for what they arenā€™t

1 Like

Itā€™s all the same stinky chofu to me

1 Like

As I understand it, he had 400 plants and he got 4 years with a possibility of an appeal for more leniency. Likely would have been out in two.

To this day, his final solution boggles my mind.

Yeah he had poppies as well which didnā€™t help his case. Still there is a very significant difference in the sentencing. I strongly suspect Lee has Taiwanese direct blood relations.

4 Likes

or

Either way, it canā€™t hurt, I reckon

2 Likes

Suicide is too extreme, but his life was over even if he only had to spend two years in a crowded and filthy Taiwanese prison. No way he could get work again in Taiwan after that and his record probably wouldā€™ve followed him wherever he went. I can understand his thought process, even if I donā€™t agree with his actions.

I donā€™t think we know for sure he would have been deported. Married, two kids? We will never know now, nu?

There was a dude more recently, worked for chain school, made the news, and his studentsā€™ parents wrote letters in support that he keep his job after the stint in the hospital where you can barely see the barbed wire.

And Matty did his 12 years, went home and is looking good.

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Matty?

It wasnā€™t over it was just going to be tough. He was probably concerned about access to his kids (from the one conversation I ever had with him ). The parents didnā€™t like him , maybe he was heading for a divorce. He wanted to leave Taiwan for quite a long time I believe. Anyway, mental health issues can be tough to deal with and Changhua city is not paradise. All these things on top of each otherā€¦By the way this guy was very smart but didnā€™t make smart decisions . It happens.

1 Like
1 Like

He stood tall, accepted responsibility for his actions and did his time with bravery and honor!

White Canadian gets hammered does 14 years. Taiwanese Canadian (CBT) barely anything.

4 Likes

Where does it say that Lee is CBT?

He looks like a ruddy skinned red-haired devil in the picture of his arrest.

1 Like

That would be funny if true

It doesnā€™t say except to indicate his surname is Ꝏ . Usually when a foreigner gets nabbed for anything, they will use the English for the surname and not the surname written in Chinese like in the news reports. Is he really a white dude with the surname Lee or were the reporters correct in identifying him as ęŽå§“? I canā€™t recall any stories in the past 20 years where a whitey was caught for some crime and was identified by a Chinese surname in Chinese characters.

Letā€™s look at the original arrest video and article and see if we can see him more clearly in his ā€œperp walk videoā€. Boy,he had a lot of product for what he claimed is ā€œpersonal useā€ only. And it doesnā€™t explain why he got such a light sentence for such a big operation.

February 1, 2019
https://udn.com/news/story/7315/3627532

2 Likes

ā€œ163 marijuana plants, 893 grams of dry cannabis ā€¦ā€

ā€œThe court took his confession and claims the plants were for his own use into consideration when commuting his sentence.ā€

Be a chain smoker! Guaranteed commuted sentence.:thinking:

å¾ŒčƒŽē”¬

His confession lol

I think itā€™s just a coincidence that his name is Lee and therefore easily transcribed into Chinese. If his name were actually Chinese they would give his full name, not just his surname.

Taiwanese reporters are confused when reporting foreign names. Sometimes they just use the first name, or mix up surnames and first names, or write the name in all-caps as it appears on a passport.

Thereā€™s a clear video of Lee on this page starting at 0:40

https://video.udn.com/news/1015652