Another fine loose cannon! French man burning down 15 police scooters

It’s interesting that he mentioned a few times his Jewish roots, to paint himself as a victim of injustice and racism.

But I doubt it will gain him some pity from a local judge.

Anyway, it seems he is still free but barred from leaving isla Formosa;)

[quote=“Bernadette”]Funny. I hate to say it, but there are some rings of truth in the tales, even if his tales aren’t true.
Police have harassed me before most likely due to allegiance with my competitors. Office searched without warrant. Unfounded charges of drug abuse. Unfounded charges of theft. Court appearances. One appeal because I was found guilty one time (although I won on appeal). Plain clothes dudes hanging around my office building.
Been here 18 years, and although the last of these events happened more than 5 years ago, I can say I’m happy the guy managed to scorch a couple of police cars as well as burning the 10 or so scooters. I would have loved to have done it myself, but I’m a pussy and in any case I have too much to lose.
Got back in Taiwan yesterday after 7 weeks away. This story made my day.
Fuck the police and the dark side they adhere to.[/quote]
Is there any lawyer in Taiwan willing to help expats? I think there should be some, this is just too fucked-up.

This is from a China Radio International article entitled “No Human Cause Found in Taipei Police Station Fire,” dated March 18:

[quote]Lin [Chi-tien, deputy head of Songshan Precinct] said that preliminary investigation by the police department and fire department did not uncover lighters or other incendiary materials nor any solid or liquid combustibles at the scene. Scrutiny of footage from nearby cameras has not revealed any suspicious person or vehicle.[/quote] english.cri.cn/12394/2015/03/18/2201s870578.htm

I haven’t formed any conclusion from the linked article, but I thought the quote above was worth posting.