Another opinion about women

I’m sure I recall reading somewhere that Sandman sports a goatee. He should be back in Taiwan in the next few days, so perhaps you can spy him out and treat your spine to a bit of a tingle :smiley:[/quote]

Really, right on!! For some reason, not a lot of foreigners in TW have goatee, probably because taiwanese girls doesn’t find that attractive, but I think it is SEXY to have a goatee and be hairy…

Hmm… maybe I don’t belong here in Taiwan ! :unamused:

Miaka, you definitely ought to get together with Almas John. If you find yourself heading down to Chiayi some day, and are up to slipping a bottle of grog or two into your luggage, PM him before you set off and I’m sure he’ll give you a very warm reception. :wink:

Oh dear! I’m afraid the goatee became the victim of a particularly hungover shave a few weeks ago. There’s no longer any hair on my chinny chin chin.

Omni and TMWC,
You are both big-mouths - that’s the last bloody time I let you guys shear me.
I’ve established a reputation on Foromusa for sofist… sophisik… for being high class.
And fer wot it’s worth, I’ve still got more bloody 'air on me 'ed than me arse.

No worries. I have been sporting a sexy goatee of late. It takes the focus off of my receding hairline, and makes me look positively evil :smiling_imp: .

You too, eh? Sorry Tomas, but I’ve had it on good authority that it doesn’t work. :wink:

I’ve got a goat

There you are, Miaka – goatees and shaggy pelts abound on Forumosa. You’re positively spoilt for choice.

Thank you, Thank you, I am very very honor to have a large selection in front of me… :o

But I am only a Snoopy… I don’ think the goat will like me… :unamused:

Will they still dress up in the uniform though?

Miaka, Almas will if you buy him enough beer. But why do you need keeping warm at night? Are you in a different country from the rest of us? It’s HOT here.

[color=darkblue]Nah, I am here in Taiwan like most of us, I just like to turn on my AC and hug my hubby to sleep, he can be my human blanket in the summer and a extra comforter in the winter. [/color]

Being cute per se is nothing wrong. It’s fine to be cute and bright/clever/smart/intelligent, but it’s miserable to be cute and brainless. And it’s fine to act cute in front of your bf or hb, but it’s tragic to act cute in front of your co-workers or same-sex straight friends. JMPO.

Well, don’t want to cause any misunderstanding because of my simple and short comments on Taiwanese girl’s cuteness, so I’ll elaborate a bit more.

I also think Taiwanese girls are more cuteness-oriented than western girls, and their cuteness is sometimes too much and too pretentious. But most of time their cuteness is one of the social products in society. I don’t know if I assume this right, but Taiwanese girls learn/acquire to act the way Taiwanese guys like, and Taiwanese guys do adore cuteness more than western men do back in their home countries.

Every girl has her cute side (I mean schoolgirl cuteness), more or less; that’s a nature. But if you know you can get more attention or “benefits” from cuteness, then you probably will act like that more often. Well, at least some do. That’s what I’ve observed from some girls who act that way too much or in very inappropriate occasions. Also, since I’m subjective and narrow-minded :? :laughing: , how I like a girl’s cuteness largely depends on how I like this girl; meaning, if I like this girl and admire her, then I probably would accept her occasional cute behavior more than that of girls I find evil, stupid, irresponsible, slack, and so on. Oops, I think I reeeeally talk too much.

BB,

So you’re saying that girls in Taiwan act cute to lure men, essentially. And that girls are taught by society that being cutesy is attractive?

How come savvy, intelligence, charm, sophistication and self-confidence aren’t valued? Because Taiwanese men find this somehow threatening in their women?
I beg to differ that all men here find cutesy-ness alluring, however. Especially the ones who see it as a coquettishly insincere.
And those cutesy pootsies almost inevitably transform into deleterious termagants!

Well, I won’t exactly put it that way. You see, what I said earlier is just my bold assumption, and I wonder if you and I have the same idea and image in mind when we talk about Taiwanese girls’ cuteness. :wink:

Anyway, basically I think if a society values something, most people (of course, there are always people who don’t agree to the same values) of this society will be conditioned or acquired or internalized to like or do something consistent with those values. Most things shown on TV somewhat are a good proxy for social preference and values. We can usually observe this kind of “cute adoration” phenomenon from TV: series, commercials, variety shows, etc. Here we see a lot of commercials having "cute (

Well, I won’t exactly put it that way. You see, what I said earlier is just my bold assumption, and I wonder if you and I have the same idea and image in mind when we talk about Western girls’ bitch factor. :wink:

Anyway, basically I think if a society values something, most people (of course, there are always people who don’t agree to the same values) of this society will be conditioned or acquired or internalized to like or do something consistent with those values. Most things shown on TV somewhat are a good proxy for social preference and values. We can usually observe this kind of “total fucking bitch adoration” phenomenon from TV: series (Sex in the City, for example), commercials, variety shows, etc. Here we see a lot of commercials having “asshole” girls pouting and acting in a pettily non-charming manner. They put this image of girls into their commercials because many Western girls are like that and those girls are assumed to be able to attract viewers’ eyes and then to lure viewers to buy their products.

But society is changing, so are the values. “Savvy, intelligence, charm, sophistication and self-confidence” is getting more and more appreciated by boys, but if you ask girls whether they want to put in the effort to act with a modicum of politeness and dignity, these kind of girls will flip you off with the panache of Courtney Love. I wonder how many percent of guys still put up with this crap even nowadays. But I could be wrong.

Come to think of it, I think bitchiness is ok, what’s not so ok in my eyes is too much of it, nothing but it, or it in inappropriate occasions. Oh, or wrong person who does it. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Oh, Mod lang,
It’s obvious that you’re really too bored down south. At first I did not know what those hell icons mean, and then I read" bitchy", surprisingly and then started to read the whole thing, and then I got it.
Adapting it is ok, but I can sue you, you know? for attempting to make up something using the name confusingly similar to my name and thus infringing my name rights.

By the way, come on, give western girls some credit! :frowning:

Well, I won’t exactly put it that way. You see, what I said earlier is just my bold assumption, and I wonder if you and I have the same idea and image in mind when we talk about Western girls’ bitch factor. :wink:

Anyway, basically I think if a society values something, most people (of course, there are always people who don’t agree to the same values) of this society will be conditioned or acquired or internalized to like or do something consistent with those values. Most things shown on TV somewhat are a good proxy for social preference and values. We can usually observe this kind of “total fucking bitch adoration” phenomenon from TV: series (Sex in the City, for example), commercials, variety shows, etc. Here we see a lot of commercials having “asshole” girls pouting and acting in a pettily non-charming manner. They put this image of girls into their commercials because many Western girls are like that and those girls are assumed to be able to attract viewers’ eyes and then to lure viewers to buy their products.

But society is changing, so are the values. “Savvy, intelligence, charm, sophistication and self-confidence” is getting more and more appreciated by boys, but if you ask girls whether they want to put in the effort to act with a modicum of politeness and dignity, these kind of girls will flip you off with the panache of Courtney Love. I wonder how many percent of guys still put up with this crap even nowadays. But I could be wrong.

Come to think of it, I think bitchiness is ok, what’s not so ok in my eyes is too much of it, nothing but it, or it in inappropriate occasions. Oh, or wrong person who does it. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:[/quote]
You beat me to it, but that’s ok since you definitely said it better than I would have. :slight_smile:

It’s interesting about the word ‘bitch’ being the total summation of a hard-as-nails woman but how its male equivalent ‘bastard’ (not used to mean illigitimate child), semantically is barely recognizable as an insult.
So there you go, BB. The cutesyness does work, and likely appeases, when the only alternative in some male minds is bitchyness! :wink:

[quote=“Alien”]It’s interesting about the word ‘bitch’ being the total summation of a hard-as-nails woman but how its male equivalent ‘bastard’ (not used to mean illigitimate child), semantically is barely recognizable as an insult.
So there you go, BB. The cutesyness does work, and likely appeases, when the only alternative in some male minds is bitchyness! ;-)[/quote]
That’s odd. I always thought the male semantic equivalent for “bitch” was “asshole”.