Anti-Beijing Olympics 2008 Campaign

If they did I’m sure the ROC athletes would also be able to claim the PRC government sponsored prizes as well. :laughing:

Well, than that resolves the whole problem, doesn’t it?

Whoever doesn’t feel a damn thing about his/her country can still go to the Olympic games, can’t he/she? So why should we really give a care about them?

They can even go under the Portuguese flag, I don’t mind, at least we have a very nice logo for it…

So going the Olympic games is only for traitors?

Who said they would be traitors? Lien Chan goes to China do things much worse than the Olympics and nobody said he was a traitor (not even you).

So boycotting the Olympics and keeping the barriers to the 3 links are acts of treason?

what are you talking about? Enlighten me with your thoughts…

I’m still in awe on how easily you have dismissed ROC athletes on a whole when their goals are not aligned with TI goals.

I wonder what kind of sympathy you have to ROC citizens that participate in the Special Olympics. :astonished:

could someone post an article about the group that wants taiwan to boycott the olympics, because shrimpcrackers and me weren’t talking about that.

ac - they cannot:

a) Use their official country name
b) Wave their official country flag
c) Sing their official national anthem
d) Say a word against the fact that they cannot do a), b) and c)

So, which athlete from ROC will go? I think that if there is any athlete going from Taiwan they have to go under the completely idiotic name of “Chinese Taipei” - and you don’t even imagine how I hate that name (if you played Hattrick you would understand me).

And while we are at it

[quote]ac - they cannot:

a) Use their official country name
b) Wave their official country flag
c) Sing their official national anthem
d) Say a word against the fact that they cannot do a), b) and c)

So, which athlete from ROC will go? I think that if there is any athlete going from Taiwan they have to go under the completely idiotic name of “Chinese Taipei” - and you don’t even imagine how I hate that name (if you played Hattrick you would understand me).

And while we are at it

[/quote]
Don’t worry ROC citizens are use that already on Taiwan. We cannot speak the official dialect in Southern Taiwan without being chastise as being foreigners. We cannot pay our respect to CKS without being ridicule. Not to mention the founder of ROC status is being debated to be as foreign as the buxiban teachers that grace our children with world class English education.

So please enlighten me on to how much worst it can get since ROC is not respected on either side of the Strait these days.

If ROC athlete go at least there is a chance at getting a medal. I don’t see what is accomplished by not going.

uh?

As far as I know, there are now “more” official dialects in Taiwan. And don’t worry, as soon as you show them the money, they will be all smiles to you - and, I don’t recall being badly treated in Taiwan, just had some highly stupid and inefficient public workers in the great Chinese city of Taipei that baffled me with their little piece of ignorance.

And, FYI

[quote]
he 2009 World Games to be held in Kaohsiung will follow the norms of the Olympic Games in dealing with flags and anthems if China sends athletes to take part in the event, a spokesman for the Kaohsiung Organizing Committee said on Monday in New York.

Committee chief executive Chen I-heng (陳以亨) made the remarks at a news conference at the representative office in New York City, officially known as the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office.

The committee organized the news conference in New York in the hopes of enhancing US awareness of the largest-ever sporting event to be held in Taiwan.

“We welcome Chinese athletes to join the event,” Chen said.

If Chinese athletes win gold medals, he said, the Chinese national anthem will be played at the award presentation ceremony as is the practice at the Olympic Games.

If Chinese athletes win silver or bronze medals, he added, China’s national flag will be hoisted at the presentation ceremony.
[/quote] from TaipeiTimes.

There must be something strange with the DPP because they will allow the flag and the national from China (PRC) to be used in the 2009 World Games… now that is extremely racist, isn’t it? They will make the world suffer with the rising tension on the Strait after these things will happen… what next? They will open an embassy of the PRC in Taipei?

Nope wrong again, living in TI fantasy land. 1 official dialect, many national dialects.

shouldn’t take long for the rest to be official also, and that is what civilized countries do - respect the minorities who did survive the deculturization efforts from past dictatorships.

Nope wrong again. WSR and Hakka are the minorities. Hoklo are the majority on Taiwan. Based on your claims, Hoklo majority should respect the WSR minorities, like CKS and Ma Ying Jeou, instead of taking every opportunity in degrading them for not being Hoklo.

Not really - minority here means minority in political representation. In case you missed any of my posts before, the same happened around the world, and, normally, the results where never good for those imposing culture. The Spanish speaking people are also a minority in Catalonia and the Basque Country, however, they where the ones running the show. That made them the majority, because, in terms of representation, they were more than the ones speaking other languages.
Now, can you tell me exactly how many Taiwanese speakers there were in the governments before CSB? Where they ever a majority? (and please, stop the BS about Hoklo, Hakka, Han, Smurfs and other entities).

Hi all, lets move on.

I’m setting up a new site, there needs to be a site title to go with it.

Something catchy, you guys are probably better at this.

The goal is to make it clear the myths of China and the reality of what its doing.

Thanks!

Hmmm…

“losing face” + “embrassing” (i.e. how obvious it is, turning red/blushing) + “red” (colour of Chinese Flag) = “Red in the Face”

Regards
Michael G

Red in the face = Monkey’s Ass.
:laughing:

Are you calling the PRC Babboons?

Aren’t those wind instruments in the brass section?