Any good ideas for Asian guys to meet foreign women in Taiwan?

Note: High possibility that this topic has already come up in here… but I don’t see any of the same subject in the recent topics…

So, i’m a 24 yr. old Taiwanese guy, lives in Taipei, decent looking, sings and plays guitar in a rock band, speaks perfect English etc etc.

Any ideas on where to find foreign women who are looking for dating, fun, getting to know Asian men? Stating the obvious would be hitting the clubs, bars, language exchange, dating sites, or uni.

1.Language exchange: Never tried it. Seems to only be for language exchange, and off the point. Maybe you will get lucky… but it could mostly be a waste of time.
2.Dating sites: uhh… most of the girls on dating sites are a bunch of asian women looking for white men…
3.University: I work, so uni is out of my list of common grounds
4.Clubs, bars etc: I don’t party as much as I used to, but if there are good places where alot of interesting people hang out (somewhat like roxy99 on wed.) then let me know.

But if there are other good ways like, “meet ups” for this particular thing, speed dating (lol), other groups or activities, then your comment will be appreciated.

Cheers

Interesting women on this site are welcome to slap me.

Not much left for you.
Maybe museums, art exhibitions etc.
If you don’t care for art, it’s not so difficult to pretend.

Well if people know of any good social gatherings where foreign women tend to go. Probably the type of answer I was looking for…

[quote=“chienren”]

Interesting women on this site are welcome to slap me.[/quote]

“You going to get a damned good thrashing” ( as my Housemaster used to say) :pray:

Yes . dont ! Just kidding. You may have to do the old fashion approach and approach them when (and every time) the opportunity presents itself.

See one you like? Find a chance to talk to her. Crash and burn? Do it again, until you find a soft landing.

The gym. Yoga class. Animal welfare groups. Hiking or jogging clubs.

Best of luck, OP.

The alternative: Sports Clubs (not gyms). Hiking, surfing and running are the best, imo.

Right now I would say you can meet tons of foreign gals at WaiAo beach every weekend. My friends and I are always there on Sat and Sun. Join us for a beach volley session and see if you can meet some interesting girl.

Novaspes: Awesome. No idea where the WaiAo beach is. Is that what they call the “white sand beach”? Had a small BBQ around there with some friends of friends last week… small crowd of mainly dudes and already taken chicks. Sports clubs could be interesting, I don’t know if there are alot of foreign girls there.

Icon: I don’t think someone would do yoga classes or go to animal welfares just to pick up women lol! Thanks anyway. I’ve heard of alot of hiking groups, they seem pretty decent

Tommy: It’s always the old fashion approach. But it’s alot easier at social gatherings. Since I noticed there aren’t that many foreign girls in Taiwan… mostly white guys.

I think you’re referring to Baishawan, which is a different beach. WaiAo and Wushigang (two sections of the same beach) are in Yilan. You can go there by train (local Fu-Hsing train from Taipei Main, Songshan or Nangang) or by bus (King Bus and Kavalan run to Wushigang every half hour every day). If you go by train get off at WaiAo station. The beach is literally opposite the train station, you just have to cross the road.
If you want to stay for the night I personally suggest the Rising Sun Surf Inn, directly on the beach at WaiAo.

As for the sports club, I suggest you look in Facebook for the Taipei China Hash (outdoor running), the Taiwan Adventures hiking group (paid trips, some unpaid day hikes) or our H.A.R.T. (Hiking and Riding in Taipei), where we organize stricly free-of-charge events. We recently hit 1500 members, roughly 1/4 of which foreign girls. :slight_smile:

For MODS: please let me know if I am breaking any forum rule by posting the above suggestion and links. Thx.

Try meetup.com. There’s a meetup in Taipei at the Poison Tea Cafe in Fridays for practicing English and Mandarin. The locals outnumber the foreigners in both genders, but such is life.

You want to meet lots of foreign women, go to where they’re not foreign, and you are. Grab your passport and catch a flight.

According to the NIA statistics, if you’re hoping for an American/Canadian/British woman you have your work cut out for you. There are only 2,206 American women, 495 Canadian women, 231 Australian women, and 216 British women legally residing in Taiwan… So right around 3,000 on the whole island. In total, there are only 285,000 women of any foreign ethnicity, with most of those are workers from the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. It’s not surprising that they’re hard to find.

Still, best of luck!

[quote=“chienren”]Novaspes: Awesome. No idea where the WaiAo beach is. Is that what they call the “white sand beach”? Had a small BBQ around there with some friends of friends last week… small crowd of mainly dudes and already taken chicks. Sports clubs could be interesting, I don’t know if there are alot of foreign girls there.

Icon: I don’t think someone would do yoga classes or go to animal welfares just to pick up women lol! Thanks anyway. I’ve heard of alot of hiking groups, they seem pretty decent

Tommy: It’s always the old fashion approach. But it’s alot easier at social gatherings. Since I noticed there aren’t that many foreign girls in Taiwan… mostly white guys.[/quote]

Good heavens, man! It is dual purpose! You make friends, who introduce you to their friends. Yoga is nice because it is a natural ice breaker. The gym is a bit more difficult.

As to a lot, a lot of us foreign women… like in gatherings… difficult. As said, not many to start with.

Honestly, the reverse is also very difficult. I’ve just arrived in Taiwan, so I can’t say this from personal experience, but I’ve heard of many foreign women being here for years and years without luck. Maybe they go on some dates, but they can’t find a guy for a relationship. I’m not interested in a fling, I want a real relationship, so I’ll probably have just as little luck. I only know a very little bit of Chinese, so that really limits my options as well. I plan on taking some Chinese classes at some point, but that will take time.

I don’t plan on dating for a few months because I just moved here, and my new job will take up a lot of my time until I get the hang of it. I’d like to know, where can a foreign girl meet a nice Taiwanese guy? I feel like as difficult as it was to find someone back home, it’s going to be even more difficult here. I suppose I could just walk up to random guys and start talking to them, and if they think I am weird, I can just blame it on being a foreigner. Does that work? I won’t meet anyone at work, I don’t have any friends that know any Taiwanese guys, so no chances there.

You’d be surprised how many foreign girls like Asian guys. A lot of us are shy, though. Most of them don’t leave their home countries, because that can be tough to do. There are also a lot of foreign women in Asia who don’t like Asian guys. I really don’t understand that. I wouldn’t move to a country where I don’t find the locals attractive, it doesn’t make sense to me. But hey, whatever floats their boats. I’m sorry I don’t have any suggestions for you. If you want to chat with me, that’s fine, no promises though.

dripsofmoonlite, are you specifically looking for a relationship with a Taiwanese guy or just looking for a serious relationship with anyone who.might click with you? There are plenty of foreign guys out there.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]According to the NIA statistics, if you’re hoping for an American/Canadian/British woman you have your work cut out for you. There are only 2,206 American women, 495 Canadian women, 231 Australian women, and 216 British women legally residing in Taiwan… So right around 3,000 on the whole island. In total, there are only 285,000 women of any foreign ethnicity, with most of those are workers from the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. It’s not surprising that they’re hard to find.

Still, best of luck![/quote]

NIA = National Intelligence Agency? Lol

But if the statistics are correct then… damn! Interesting post.

Dripsofmoonlite: There aren’t that many Taiwanese men who can speak well enough english for a serious relationship. Could be difficult. Might be the main reason why some women take a while to find the right guy. The chinese language itself is a difficult language already, but best of luck with you on that :wink:

Do you live in Taipei?

Go to an English speaking Church.
No…It is not hypocritical to go to Church to search for a mate. (Ahem, Grace Baptist near NTU has many foreign females)
The Good Lord knows what is in your heart, and will gladly use that to get you to His Church to get closer to YOU!
And if a God-blessed relationship comes out of that…all the better!

[quote=“PapaAzucar”]Go to an English speaking Church.
No…It is not hypocritical to go to Church to search for a mate. (Ahem, Grace Baptist near NTU has many foreign females)
The Good Lord knows what is in your heart, and will gladly use that to get you to His Church to get closer to YOU!
And if a God-blessed relationship comes out of that…all the better![/quote]

LOL

If only I was religious… but thanks

New suggestion: Hang out with male foreign friends, who will most of the time have female friends.

hang out in front of ntnu nearby shida. you could check the class schedules and go hang out there on the benches when classes start or finish. Maybe is a bit desper :wink: ate but if the odds of finding one are so terrible you will need to catch phonenumbers everywhere you can.

I moved to Taipei not so long ago and plan to stay here for longer time.
I think it is not easy to find Taiwanese to go on date. Internet is full of creepy guys, and I don’t go to clubs.
Other problem is: they are so shy around foreign woman… (even if we talk in Chinese).