Anyone else going to the March 26 protest?

[quote=“Feiren”]Thanks David. The text versions of the routes are here (in Chinese): DPP.org.tw/news/pub/LIT_2.asp

We are supposed to gather at 2:30pm, but you can join any time.

Hobart: I suggest we choose the Tai-Da meeting point and join team No. 8. It’s on the north-south line and a lot of foreigners live in the Shi-Da/Guting/Gongguan area.[/quote]

If a group of Forumosans are going to No.8., I’d be interested in joining. My girlfriend is pan-blue, so I’ll be attending this one alone.

That’s the plan. I’ll see about getting a banner up there.

Isn’t it gather at 1:30, leave at 2:30?

That’s as good as anyplace else for me. We’ll try to be there about 2pm. If someone has a banner for a rallying point that would be great.
Any of the Taichung crew want to ride up together on the train? I’m thinking the freeway is going to be an awful mess. I’ll also check with my DPP connections about seats on the buses they will lay on.

I would suggest Route #1 which starts from Chong Shan Football Stadium, its right outside Yuanshan MRT Station and there will be a lot going on there with registration booths, rally jeeps and other activities. Tai Da is a good location also, and it might be a easier walk for some people that don’t enjoy the walking too much. :wink:

Free food? Where??? :bravo: :smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue:

We want you guys to go because you really believe in this, not for the free food, so even if we had any, I don’t think we should tell ya about it.

Whichever route you guys decide on that is alright by me.

Either route is fine with me as well…

im going 100% i dont care about free food im there to protest

Will they be closing off roads (or at least some lanes of the roads) to traffic along the march routes, or will we be having to compete with buses, cars and scooters for road-space? We’ll be having to breathe some very nasty air if those vehicles are all jammed up alongside us.

Errr, in all seriousness, I am REALLY sorry that I’m flying out to Thailand that day. I really OUGHT to be hanging out here with camera (errr, I seriously don’t take sides on Taiwan politics…errr…publically I keep my opining to a minumum, but privately…errr…I have opinions…really)…

…in any case, is anyone else going to be out shooting this? I dunno, but I’d think that a couple of the major dailies worldwide might actually pay for decent shots of this…

The easiest meeting spot for those in the center and NE / E sides of town is probably the Starbucks by Asiaworld, at Nanjing and Dunhua; route 5 begins on the south side of that intersection. We could meet at 1pm for coffee, make up signs if not already made, and then join the march by 2:30.

Let’s drum up a 2nd group, shall we? Show your support for Taiwan!!!

Are we going to have one group or two?

There’s a lot to be said for one group of foreigners, but 2 may be more practical. I could be difficult getting halfway across town otherwise.

If two groups it seems like route 5 for NE and route 8 for SW are good.

Route 8 is Taida uni (Gongguan MRT) which is good for me. Anyone want to meet there, and maybe do lunch/coffee first?

Brian

I intend to join the march, but am not sure if I’ll be able to go with the Gongguan group of Forumosans or if the wife will want us to walk with her parents. Of course I’d prefer the former, but…

The good news is that the Central Weather Bureau is forecasting fine, sunny weather for Saturday (tomorrow’s cold front will be gone by then, and the next one isn’t expected to arrive before Sunday). :slight_smile:

What are the parking options like around Taida? I may just drive up, but I haven’t been around that area in years.

Gustav and I will be available at 2:00. I think we’ll be at the Route 5 meeting spot (Starbucks) on the corner of Nanjing and Dunhua. :scooby: :braveheart:

I imagine parking will be near impossible. They’re hoping for half a mil to one million.

Brian

Coming up on the three? Park n’ ride. Park at Bitan (get off just after the second tunnel on the way in (Ankeng interchange) and turn left onto Ankeng Road at the very end of the freeway. Drive down Ankeng, veer left across the Bitan bridge and hang a right just at the end of the bridge. There’s a parking lot there and you can walk for 2 minutes to the Xindian MRT. Get off at Gungguan and you’re at Taida.

Thanks Sandman, that sounds like the move.

For anyone free earlier, at least a couple of us will be there for lunch at 1pm, and will wait until about 2:15. With me, Gusav, Maoman and Chewycorns, we’ve got at least four people for this group.

If anyone finds out good places to get banner material and poles or has good ideas for sign construction, feel free to share them. I’d sure love to see us have 2-man, 20’-wide cloth banners! Size matters!

As for parking, forget it! Take mass transit or a scooter. And try to arrive early in case of massive traffic jams!