Anyone else going to the March 26 protest?

Will this Tai-da group be known as a Forumosa group, or are you just getting any foreigners together? I’ll join this group if I may. Where will everybody be meeting?

Here is the address of a shop that sells inexpensive red banner cloth, cut to order with ends folded and grommets:

Taipei, Bade Rd., Sec. 3, Lane 12, Alley 51, #20. Ph. 2577-0435. They’re only open until 6:30pm (!). Mr. Weng (Eng), nice guy.
Heading east from Bade/Dunhua, turn right into 2nd alley, cross a bunch of alleys, turn left at Alley 51; is on right side. (If they close too early for you, try calling a shop on Zhongxiao Sec.3, Ln251, Al 5, #12; 2751-7398. They are usually open around 9a-7p but hrs. change; you should call in advance.)

A 6-meter banner is $500, but since I told him what it was for, he sold it for $300, and then apologized for taking my money, and thanked us for our support. He’s going to the march too. I tested spray paint, alcohol markers and water-based white latex paint on a scrap, and only the latter worked. Well, black marker worked, but it’s probly better for white board.

If you’re making banners, you can get very long slender bamboo poles, plastic-coated, cheap at Wu3jin1hang2 (hardware shops); mine cut them in half (the max size my scooter can manage, really) and gave me some cord for tying the banner to them at no charge. These stores also have the flat 1/2"x1" wooden posts ($15) for carrying flat signs, and sell the latex paint and brushes. White with black edging is nice contrast on red banners. The corrugated white plastic boards (about $35) and giant fat alcohol-based markers ($150) are available at school supply shops.

I’ll be bringing markers to the Asiaworld Starbucks meeting (everyone is welcome to join us!!!), in black, red, orange and yellow, so if you get 1 or 2 plastic boards, a flat post, nail 'em together and bring it, you don’t need to buy markers and we can write your sign there. If you can’t do neat lettering I can do it for you. Using only 1 board means a 1-sided sign; 2 boards on either side of the post makes a cleaner 2-sided sign, which is better.

I’ll be bringing a red banner with the ein Volk bit, myself.

Any foreigners, I think. Nothing official.

Anyone else coming to route 8 (Taida/Gongguan)?

I could go check out a place to meet for lunch/coffee beforehand, and post the address.

Brian

Sounds good to me Bri. Me and one of the flatmates’ll be joining in the Taida group, probably a little after half 1.

Yes, Bu, it would be cool to meet a bit earlier. I guess around 1 would be cool. So will this be the easy-going, coffee-drinking, non-bannermaking group, then? :wink:

What, not even going naked with bodypainted slogans?

No, honey, that will be Spring Scream, which is next weekend. But I like the way you think. :sunglasses:

I will join 326 March! Let’s speak out loud to the world community that all people in Taiwan love peace and democracy!!! :laughing:

Tried to get a seat on a train or bus to Taipei from Taichung, but no go. Looks like we’ll drive up, early. Brian, post a meeting place and time and we’ll see you there.

Any 'mosans in Taichung want a ride up?

Me, my family and a few friends will go the Route 8. We have planned to meet outside the Leader hotel around 14:00.
We will keep an eye open for you guys. Anyone planning a poster we can look for??

Hello Route 8 people. I’ve been down south without Internet access for two glorious days, so I didn’t see the above discussion.

I was just at a press conference at the Legislative Yuan this morning and announced that a group of foreigners would be meeting at 1:00 at National Taiwan University’s side gate (tai2da ce4men2). At least one TV station has already picked up my sound bite, so would people mind meeting up there? If it’s too crowded (which it may well be) please try to work back toward the basketball courts. I’ll try to have some kind of sign or poster to identify us.

I think we should work up a site banner announcing both meet up points.

[quote=“Feiren”]Hello Route 8 people. I’ve been down south without Internet access for two glorious days, so I didn’t see the above discussion.

I was just at a press conference at the Legislative Yuan this morning and announced that a group of foreigners would be meeting at 1:00 at National Taiwan University’s side gate (tai2da ce4men2). At least one TV station has already picked up my sound bite, so would people mind meeting up there? If it’s too crowded (which it may well be) please try to work back toward the basketball courts. I’ll try to have some kind of sign or poster to identify us.

I think we should work up a site banner announcing both meet up points.[/quote]
So this is it. TaiDa’s side gate? ce men? On which street is that?

[quote=“Feiren”]Hello Route 8 people. I’ve been down south without Internet access for two glorious days, so I didn’t see the above discussion.
[/quote]

So maybe you should make a banner announcing you are the 8th Route Army! 八路… Er… yeah…

Yes, that’s Taida’s side gate. It’s on the east side of Xinsheng S. Rd. across the street from the McDonald’s.

OK. I still like the idea of meeting ofr lunch first. So I’m going to propose 12:00PM at Bongos. That’s a foreign-run eatery off Wenzhou Rd, in the lanes opposite the Taida side-gate. It’s a bit tricky to find, so I’ll pop by this afternoon to pick up exact directions.

Brian

Yeah, I’ll be going with some local friends who bleed green. My sign says DALU kiss my PIGU. :laughing:

Lunch first sounds great to me. Post directions and I’l see you there.

I have tai chi at Tai Da on Saturdays that finishes at 11, so I’ll be happy to meet at Bongos at 12. Feiren, you have my number. Keep in touch if I don’t make it so I can hook up with you…

A map to Bongos would be helpful. How long will the march last for? 1pm to when approximately?

[quote=“Hobart”]A map to Bongos would be helpful. How long will the march last for? 1pm to when approximately?[/quote]Second the plea for a map, or coordinates.

<-- gets hopelessly lost in Taipei’s back alleys