Anyone Else Had Dog Hot Pot?

Dog stew was an option on the menu of a tourist restaurant I went to in Kaesong, North Korea.

1 Like

I just could not resist posting this Viz gem again

You can put some meat in a bush, they call it ‘bush aged’ meat, mostly game meat to make it taste better!

In southern Taiwan rabbit is on the menu.

Ha, rabbit, my grandmother’s recipe is still what I make today, doesn’t get old.

1 Like

It wasn’t the only option?

2 Likes

Care to share that recipe?

Oh, I wanted to do that cross-border bus trip to Kaesong, but never got the chance before they put an end to it.

Also the only restaurant.

2 Likes

Undoubtedly it would’ve been the only restaurant they allowed foreigners to visit during their tour. Those North Korea trips are extremely restricted and you go where your guide goes.

My mate visited NK and he said they had traffic police directing traffic on roads virtually devoid of any vehicles. They still waved their arms around, though.

The beer is supposedly very good.

1 Like

My buddy was there about 10 years ago and told the exact same story, the only people with cars are with the government, but there’s still white gloved polices at all the intersections directing…nothing

1 Like

As the guy who started this thread I love the fact that it has almost nothing to do with dog hot pot. Good job, everyone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to Forumosa. :sunglasses:

Everything is good when have nothing else!