Anyone lived in Malaysia before?

Seems like you and Andrew actually have a lot in common. This would seem to bode well for your future together.

Maybe I said it wrong. I meant I speak with a neutral accent because I haven’t learned it from living there but rather by my parents and private classes, most Italians have accents according to the region they lived in and their Italian is not accurate because it’s mostly slang. That’s also one reason why N Italians can’t understand S Italians

It is strange that in the UK , I get teased about Received Pronunciation, especially in the North . My French accent confuses the French, they know I am not French but can never work out where I am from ( my Mother was French) and my Taiwanese ( limited ) is far better than my Mandarin, which I get teased about.
Languages can be so confusing at my age :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think unless you have a British accent in UK people tend to teeeze/correct you a lot. Which is not a bad thing as you get to learn how to pronounce words better. At least that helped me a lot when I was learning English in the UK even though I did find it a little annoying at first.

:grin::grin::grin::grin: You mean they are horse-shitting with Malaysias PR ads on TV saying Malaysia – Truly Asia.` The ad takes the piss out of Singapore being fake (albeit a lot more affluent). A lot of Singaporeans see places such as Taiwan or Malaysia as third-world hellholes.

Holy thread revival, Batman!

What’s it like to live in Malaysia these days?
Thinking of Penang area.
Where could I find rough budgets for rental, living expenses, etc. ?
Any tips on visa programs?

2 Likes