Anyone tried Lxburritos?

tempted to try.

Anyone had before?

I don’t get the bulgogi and teriyaki chicken. Why can’t people just make a Mexican burrito? There’s enough variety there you don’t need to add all the weird fusion crap.

2 Likes

Seems copycats from American food trucks I see on TV? Seems more American than Mexican. This name is also strange. sample Kogi Korean BBQ - Wikipedia

1 Like

Burritos are not mexican :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

from wiki

Etymology

The word burrito means “little donkey” in Spanish, being the diminutive form of burro , or “donkey”. The name burrito , as applied to the dish, possibly derives from the tendency for burritos to contain a lot of different things similar to how a donkey would be able to carry a lot.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I figured it was worth a shot, so just put in an order. Will report back.

3 Likes

Burritos [as we know them] are not Mexican. Better?

3 Likes

FIFY

First get the real thing right before trying the fusion hipster thing. In the US, you have tacos everywhere so of course people want to try something else to differentiate themselves.

Has anyone tried to order Eddy’s Cantina?

I have not. A good guy to support, especially if you’re up in Tianmu.

I do know however that @Nomad4ever also does this 10 piece frozen shipping (plus one free, I think). More details—along with nice images of what you’d get—available in this thread:

Guy

5 Likes

no but Ed’s Diner delivers all through TPC and NTPC.

His site says they’ll deliver within Taipei city so just wondering if anyone tried.

If it’s the same guy, I used to get his burritos in Danshui back in the day.

Same guy!

Guy

Ok, so it’s cultural appropriation with Burritos. Like (I can get here in Kao City)

I wouldn’t say that. Sometimes you just want a regular burrito. Is that too much to ask?

No it’s not.

Happily, Nomad is there for this purpose (but closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays so watch out)!

Guy

2 Likes

Well… there’s no rice, flour, or cheese in the Americas prior to the columbian exchange, so burritos, original Mexican or as we know it, are technically already fusion.

After 1492, the Americas themselves became “fusion.”

That’s the hand we’ve been dealt. Might as well make the most of it.

Guy

So is Italian food by that definition or many European dishes. No tomatoes, potatoes, peppers/chillis, chocolate before the discovery of the Americas.

I’m not a purist just wish it would be easier to find a regular burrito, the kind you find in northern Mexico or the Southwest US, then a tortilla wrapped in whatever they had access to.

Is this ok? mi casita kaohsiung - Google 搜尋