Anything to do on my last night in Taipei? Won't be back for a long long time :(

What the actual fuck?

4 Likes

I guess something pops up in Suggested Topics at the bottom of the screen, and people don’t notice the most recent post date? And then ignore the grave-dig warning?

2 Likes

Have you no poetry in your soul
To respond to posts, two years late?
Ride the MRT and
Walk the streets
And know that night
You will feel great.

:bowing:

Guy

4 Likes

Ancient history as the bear has subtly implied. Still think @BHL4life 's suggestion was the most sensible. Those were the days, now forumosa is just covid policy this, covid policy that!

2 Likes

The more things change the more they stay the same

If I was leaving Taiwan tomorrow I would:

• fuck the oldest hooker I could find
  • then the hottest hooker I could find
  • take a piss up the side of CKS memorial hall
  • go to wave in xinyi and get blackout drunk
  • eat cheese danbing in one of those breakfast stores that open at 3am when wave closes
  • sober up a bit and ride youbike at top speed whilst there are still not many cars on the road
4 Likes

You know, if I wasn’t married and all

Yeah I was going to ask if your wife is ok with all that. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

@anon25288876 just joined yesterday, so they likely missed the date stamp

you planning an escape @Leggat ?

I feel like this idealized lifestyle doesn’t quite match filing taxes at 8:31 a.m. on May 1 and obsessing over the tediocrity of things one can do with an Alien Citizen Digital Certificate and mydata.nat.gov.tw… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Did he come back with your wedding ring?

Yes the place was magical then with the people who made it magical

It’s not the same place without that person or persons

Didn’t notice that it has been 2 years. Time flies

4 Likes

And people are still giving you advice! :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

It’s complicated :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So what did you do on your last night?

It’s killing us

Sounds a little like a Prodigy music video. Thank you, forumosa is starting to become tolerable again.

1 Like

Yes, these past two years a lot has changed also.

I went to dine at Joel Robuchon’s L Atelier near Xinyi District, drank a little bit, Xiangshan mountain hiking, experienced the awesome Taipei Metro one final time, ate supper/breakfast (forgot which Taiwanese dish) and stayed at Q-Time internet cafe until my flight. 5/5 will not forget

9 Likes