Aotearoa [New Zealand]

Wha—?

That’s the real name of our country.

2 Likes

Sorry to stomp on the joke, but do you mean Australia? Because that’d be relevant to me.

EDIT: ah I see it’s New Zealand. But a simple distance to swim.

It is equally likely, I suspect, that the proto-hominids that were there in 280,000 BC referred to the country as “Ug”.

Don’t be fatuous Basil.

And when you do eventually get there, old mate Red Horse (or whatever he calls himself these days) will be there at the gangway to welcome you home.

If you’d mix that with a Polish place name, like Wrzeszczewice, you’d get a healthy mix of vowels and consonants… :whistle:

7 Likes

They were never in New Zealand, before humans.

Well, that’s just the sort of thing human oppressors would say, isn’t it.

4 Likes
1 Like

I’m confused. Am I from Nee Zild or the facist dictatorship of Australia?

1 Like

Not far wrong there now. They have really displayed their colours in the past month or so.

2 Likes

You see they’re making some returning Olympians quarantine in NSW for two weeks and then isolate in SA for a further two weeks? Insane….

Maybe it’s a million billion?

Yes I saw that, WA was doing that months ago too.

But these are Olympic athletes representing Australia…I’d be spitting tacks.

And rightly so, especially as SA dont have any inward flights from Japan.

Actually, I thought that all the Olympic people were coming back on Charter flights to Darwin and doing their Quarantine time there. Seems some didnt for whatever reasons. Either way, 14 days is enough, the pettiness of states making them do it in their Q joints as well is petty.

I guess he talking NZ plans (Hope Taiwan is low risk)

It means ‘land south of Australia and North of the icy land with high mountains and weird animals surrounded by water’?