APRC after 3 years possible?

Somewhat off topic… but is it possible to get an APRC in only 3 years nowadays?

2 years is even possible being a Foreign Special Professional with a Doctoral Degree from a Taiwan University.

Theoretically you could graduate from a top 500 University (Taiwan has a few) with a doctorate degree, apply for a Gold Card based on that, then apply APRC after 2 years.

4 Likes

With a gold card you can get an APRC after 3 years. You need to extend a bit though, since you can only apply after 3 years - meaning by then the hold card has expired already.

1 Like

If you have a dependent ARC based on a Taiwanese spouse or children then you could naturalise after 3 years. APRC is still 5 years though

1 Like

What does that entail?

but doesn’t that still entail giving up current citizenship/passport to get “naturalized” after 3 years?

1 Like

If so, fuck that.

Law removes 2-year work experience rule for new grads of top universities, APRC available after 3 years to eligible professionals

Not if you’re a senior professional: High-Level Professional

3 Likes

Damn. Should have tried this way instead of APRC

I think you can still get that status changed. It’s not reflected on the APRC.

I said for those with a dependent ARC. Dependant ARC holders still need to wait 5 years for APRC

Out of curiosity how long has this joint citizenship route been available?

1 Like

Since like 2017

1 Like

Ah ok, the year we left Taiwan. Good to know though.

1 Like
3 Likes

The educational category includes foreigners who are employed at a Taiwanese academic institution with a rank of assistant professor or above and those who have published in internationally renowned academic journals.

That’s cool.

You can still try. Dan2006 did. He failed in that mission though.

Sorry forgot to mention the detail: I’m working and living outside of Taiwan now… so it’d be hard to do this stuff in person (and to satisfy the 18x days requirements)

Oh I see. My correction, here is the related law for dependants:

After a foreign professional who engages in professional work in the State has been approved for permanent residency by the NIA, their spouse, children under the age of majority, and children over the age of majority who are unable to live independently due to physical or mental disability, having legally and continuously resided in the State for five years, may apply to the NIA for permanent residency if they meet the following requirements…

After a foreign special professional has been approved for permanent residency by the NIA under Article 14 Paragraph 3, their spouse, children under the age of majority, and children over the age of majority who are unable to live independently due to physical or mental disability, having legally and continuously resided in the State for three years, may apply to the NIA for permanent residency if they meet the following requirements…

https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawSearchContent.aspx?pcode=A0030295&norge=16