ARC cancellation

Hopefully! Otherwise they won´t let you stay!

I lived in shoe box in middle of road when I first came here.

1 Like

I lived in a “room” -actually, a converted balcony they split in 3 “rooms”- which was smaller than my current cubicle. You could touch each wall by extending your arms. And I had to sleep cocoon like as even Icon´s small frame was too long for the length of the “room”. It was on a 6th floor and the bathroom was on the 4th. We did have a cute pay phone.

Sorry to sound stupid but can someone tell me what an FOB is please? Thanks!

New arrival, Fresh Off the Boat.

Thank you

It’s also a sitcom that, while it’s had its moments, seemed to be running out of steam last time I watched it.

Further discussion:

It’s also a watch chain.

Free On Board (shipping term)

1 Like

Or as they call it in chinglish: FLOB (FLesh Off the Boat)

If you have a friend wherever you are now, you can take their lease and a faux contract or letter stating you live there as their roommate. I had a roommate do that once without the letter and it worked. I’ve heard others say they needed something from the leaseholder. This was years ago, and laws change so cover your bases.

Someone with better Chinese can check but I think a sample termination letter is here, forth PDF down:
離職證明
https://www.bli.gov.tw/0101272.html

Here’s the foreigner help line. They can answer any legal question, but I wouldn’t mention faux contracts.
0800-024-111

And I think the extension is 6 months now.

Edit: History is repeating itself.

Look at the next posts after mine for a few other ideas.

1 Like

If there’s no fraud involved, don’t call it a faux contract. Call it a courtesy contract instead. :innocent:

2 Likes

Asking for myself, what’s the turnaround in working days for the ARC extension?

All this time I thought we’d been talking about a forward operating base…

3 Likes

I prefer the phrase in Chinese: Fresh meat

Seems to be 2 weeks
That is, 10 working days
That’s how long they said until I can pick mine up anyway

I was told last year that once they have accepted the paperwork and plan to reissue your ARC with an extension, you’re good from that point even if you’re not holding your ARC and your pick up time is after the expiration date of your old ARC.

Except I want to go on my holidays and not wait for the ARC. I suppose I could just go and then pick it up when I come back, come in on a 3 month visa free.

I have a feeling too that if you show them a ticket out they’ll expedite it.

Maybe, but several years ago I did something like the first. I left my ARC at home and went abroad. When I came back, I got a visa free stamp. I went to NIA to ask what to do and they said they could void the visa free entry. In my case, I didn’t and stayed past my ARC expiration or a few days.